Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is what I have been carrying. I recently got my CCW about two weeks ago and have been carrying this little gem with me.
It's an Indian Arms P380. I don't really know much about it other than it is a copy of the Walther and was made by Indian Arms in Detroit, MI. The company was only in business from 1975-1977 and the best I could find on the net was that they only made about 1,000-2,000 of these. I've heard that they also came blued and with or without the vent rib. I'd love to hear from anybody with any experience or info. Hopefully my pics work! Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Im not familier with those, but sounds like a keeper if anything but for collector value down the road. Nice looking gun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
how to heck did you post those pictures yours actually worked mine however would only open in a new window for some reason i'm not sure. oh well thats all good anyways how do you carry that .380 do you use a pocket holster on inside the waist band or outside the waist band?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Never heard of that particular firearm. You have, however, intrigued me into doing some research.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Hey, if it funcions reliably and safely go with it!

I see you have just a few posts, so offer you a warm welcome. This is a great place to learn from others and share your experiences.

For ammo, I'd recommend the new Hornady Critical Defense ammo--it's gotten great reviews.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Beautiful and rare gun. Given the rarity, I might would just carry it occasionally and get something less potentially valuable for EDC. Taking proper care and holster choices, you can carry it frequently without doing much harm. My EDC guns typically show normal carry and practice wear...it's inevitable to some degree. I would do some research to find out the value and then decide if I wanted to continue to use it as my EDC. Thanks for sharing the pic and info....and WELCOME!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I like it! Looks like a PPK clone except for the front end. As stated, if it functions reliably and it's your only CC pistol then carry on. If it was me though, it being one of only two thousand or so, I think I'd keep it as a collectors piece and carry something else if possible.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Not to go off topic, but I see your location says IL, does IL have a CCW permit?

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Hey, if it functions reliably and safely go with it!

I see you have just a few posts, so offer you a warm welcome. This is a great place to learn from others and share your experiences.

For ammo, I'd recommend the new Hornady Critical Defense ammo--it's gotten great reviews.
Beautiful and rare gun. Given the rarity, I might would just carry it occasionally and get something less potentially valuable for EDC. Taking proper care and holster choices, you can carry it frequently without doing much harm. My EDC guns typically show normal carry and practice wear...it's inevitable to some degree. I would do some research to find out the value and then decide if I wanted to continue to use it as my EDC. Thanks for sharing the pic and info....and WELCOME!
I like it! Looks like a PPK clone except for the front end. As stated, if it functions reliably and it's your only CC pistol then carry on. If it was me though, it being one of only two thousand or so, I think I'd keep it as a collectors piece and carry something else if possible.

Yep^^^^to all^^^^^^

I would emphasize to be VERY sure your self defense ammo whatever you use will function flawlessly in it, at least 30-100 roundsJMHO

Welcome to D C from Michigan!!!!

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws...you create a nation of law-breakers and then you cash in on guilt."
Ayn Rand

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Not to go off topic, but I see your location says IL, does IL have a CCW permit?
I noticed that as well. To answer your question, NO, IL does not have a permit, nor do they recognize any states permit.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I noticed that as well. To answer your question, NO, IL does not have a permit, nor do they recognize any states permit.
Unless your a LEO partner or associated with the Law Enforcement Branches then you can apply for a CCP if I got my information correct.

·
Registered
756 Posts
His location says "Columbia, IL", which is on the Illinois/Missouri border. I'm guessing that he's talking about carrying in Missouri, on a non-resident license (such as Utah, Florida, etc).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a non-resident PA permit and I carry in Missouri and Arkansas.
I currently carry this gun in a cheap Uncle Mike's IWB holster that I modified to fit the gun. I plan on getting something else to carry because, like mentioned above, it is kind of rare and I don't want to carry something that I can't "afford to lose". This gun wasn't righteously expensive, I think I gave $450 for it used.
I may have gotten ripped a little, but I really like it and was drawn to it since it is unusual.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts