Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a 9mmGlock that I carried for a couple days to get the feel of it, and I alwayse felt a little weird, like I was afraid I would get "caught" even though I had a permit and everything. I'm considering a 380 to carry again (on the fence between the Kel-Tec and the Ruger)

Anybody else efer get the creeps about carrying, like you're doing something wrong?

I know it's the right thing, I just can't shake that "feeling".

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome!

I've never been too worried about getting caught. Sure, I'd like to keep it to myself and not have to have a conversation about why I'm carrying. Not as many people are as focused on your gun as you might think. I can't stand to leave the house without it.....I get the creeps when I do (almost never).

If the Glock's too big....get something smaller. I have considered a Ruger LCP for days that my XD is too large to conceal well. Also, maybe look at a Kahr PM9 as it might be a nice in between size to the Glock & Ruger. I'm sure that some here never carry anything smaller than their .45...but I feel that it's better to have something than nothing, IMHO. If it helps you to carry daily...go for it.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I was a little self-conscious at first, now I feel out of sorts if I'm not carrying.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. The longer you carry the more comfortable you'll get.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Welcome from Victoria, B.C. :wave:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Wife and I both carry Kel Tec P3AT and are very happy with them. There is nothing wrong with the LCP, we just both have the P3AT.

The big problem with the 380 is finding the ammo, have been able to find Winchester White Box 100counts at WMart of late, but there is not many boxes of it.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
No big deal.

:bier: from Ga. Welcome to DC.

You just need to give it some time and apply the respect it deserves at all times. It's good to have a healthy respect for something that carries so much responsibility along with it. :wink:

Stay safe.

GBK

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have an LCP and really like it for pocket carry. I'd also like to suggest you look at the Walther PPS. I am not a large frame individual by any means (155lbs and 5' 9"), and the PPS is very easy to conceal due to the thin profile. I find myself being overly concerned when I carry too.. but less so with the PPS or LCP because they do carry well. I also would second the opinion on looking at the Kahr. I was looking for an MK9, but couldn't find one locally to actually check out.

Best of luck.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Stick with the Glock!:yup:

ret :31:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Welcome...I'd carry something even if its a .32 or a 380, but I'd say go with a 9mm if you can. Ammo is more accessible, and there's a little more poop if needs be. You can still find a fairly small 9mms that's easy to conceal IMO.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I used to own a 9mmGlock that I carried for a couple days to get the feel of it, and I always felt a little weird, like I was afraid I would get "caught" even though I had a permit and everything. I'm considering a 380 to carry again (on the fence between the Kel-Tec and the Ruger)

Anybody else ever get the creeps about carrying, like you're doing something wrong?

I know it's the right thing, I just can't shake that "feeling".
Welcome to the forum!
What's wrong with a Glock now?
Carrying and getting the "creeps"? Seriously....what gives me the creeps is knowing that there are probably several people in this world right now that would kill me in an instant for A) the fun of it, B) my wallet, C) my vehicle, D) because I'm American, E) because I will defy them, etc............... Anytime you feel you're on the fence about feeling "creepy" about carrying......you just watch the news or hang around this forum. Remember......in someone's eyes....you're wanted, and marked. The rest is only a matter of time, and if you end your days without incident, then your life has either been short-lived, or you never go out in public. Nothing "creepy" about the will to survive in this world. If you think a homicidal maniac thinks killing is creepy, then you'd best think again. The will to kill someone who is willing and ready to do the same to you is something you might need to come to terms with as the reality comes to light each and every day. It's just simple survival, and co-existing in an ever increasingly evil world. You're on the good side.....remember?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.