Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Northern Kentucky. My wife and I completed our trainig and my permit came today (still waitng for hers). First day out carrying concealed, admittedly a little wierd. I assume everyone feels that they are being stared at at first (I do not believe anyone noticed in reality). I lived in Chicago for 25 years, Chicago and Illinois make owning, much less carrying, a firearm almost impossible (hey Mayor Daley, how's that gun ban working for ya in reducing crime, eh?).

I can only describe the feeling as "freedom".:hand10:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome from NC and congrats on your permit. If you don't mind what are you carrying and where and type of holster.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
:wave: Hi and welcome from Fort Worth TX!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome, from CT! My wife and I did the same thing this past summer, and coincidentally, mine came a couple weeks before hers as well.

It truly is a weird feeling, the first couple times out in the real world while armed. It eases up quick though, once you see how oblivious most people really are.

Congrats to you both for exercising your rights!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Welcome to DC from Western KY!

You'll get over that feeling. And if people are staring, no worries, KY is very gun friendly.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:bier: from Ga. Welcome to DC.

Congrats on the permit... Stay safe. :hand10:

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Welcome from Victoria, B.C. :wave:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations on your permit and I have a sincere wish for you; that you never have to use it.:35: "Doc"

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Current Rig

I purchased a pair of FNP .40's for me and the wife. I am using a Bladetech paddle holster and mag carrier. I also have a West Woods Landing paddle holster for when I have my light/laser combo mounted, but it is pretty bulky which cannot be helped with he added size and length of the light. Still cogitatin' on a IWB holster, been reading all of your comments. Leaning towards a Supertuck.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Welcome aboard from Virginia.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Stay armed...no one knows...stay safe!

ret :31:

·