Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me, my dad, and my son (who's 6) were headed to the shooting range. I put my Colt 1911 on my hip. We stopped at the gas station on the way to grab some water and snacks. My dad goes CC and he said I should untuck my shirt and cover it, but I said not today, lets see how it goes. The girls at the counter didn't seem to notice as we were getting our things. They both got quiet as we approached the counter, but never said a word about the pistol. I said, "Good morning. How ya'll doing?" One said "Fine" and they seemed to be OK after that. Everything seemed to be going fine.

Then, as I was getting out my wallet, the chief of police walked in and my heart stopped. My pistol was on my hip facing the door. I said, "Morning." and he replied back the same. I couldn't see his reactions as he walked behind me, but my dad said he did a double- take and paused to get a better look. Then got in line behind us for a pack of smokes. We got our stuff and headed out with no problems. It wasn't til about a mile down road when my heart started back up. I think it was longer for my dad.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Cool story, I enjoyed reading about your experience. I hope someday I live in a state, or the OC weather here changes, such that I can open carry as well. Until then, it's conceal or go without, so I just conceal.

Good luck with your future OC adventures!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Good to hear your time went smoothly. I had the same reaction as you the last time I OC'd passed an officer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had the same chest pounding the first time I walked past an officer OC'ing.

Good for you! The first time OC'ing is the most difficult.

Dirty

·
Registered
113 Posts
Me, my dad, and my son (who's 6) were headed to the shooting range. I put my Colt 1911 on my hip. We stopped at the gas station on the way to grab some water and snacks. My dad goes CC and he said I should untuck my shirt and cover it, but I said not today, lets see how it goes. The girls at the counter didn't seem to notice as we were getting our things. They both got quiet as we approached the counter, but never said a word about the pistol. I said, "Good morning. How ya'll doing?" One said "Fine" and they seemed to be OK after that. Everything seemed to be going fine.

Then, as I was getting out my wallet, the chief of police walked in and my heart stopped. My pistol was on my hip facing the door. I said, "Morning." and he replied back the same. I couldn't see his reactions as he walked behind me, but my dad said he did a double- take and paused to get a better look. Then got in line behind us for a pack of smokes. We got our stuff and headed out with no problems. It wasn't til about a mile down road when my heart started back up. I think it was longer for my dad.
I have read some about some OC experiences in LA that didnt go to well. Seemed most LEOs are turds about it.

Good to see thing went well for you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Glad to see things went well!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have read some about some OC experiences in LA that didnt go to well. Seemed most LEOs are turds about it.

Good to see thing went well for you.
Yup. I think it would be wise to CC in New Orleans. More likely to get :rant: at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts