Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Delaware State Police range to qualify for my HR-218 permit and my SA XD40 SC just refused to fire. Weak primer strikes. Boy, am I happy I found this out at the range, never had a problem before, always shot perfectly? Well sent it off to Springfield Armory the same day, we'll see what they say, it has a lifetime warrant, so I should be ok. Just hope it doesn't take forever to get it back. i did qualify with my S&W 2" Airweight, have to go back in August for the Semi-Auto, if I have it back by then.

·
Registered
360 Posts
What kind of ammo were you using? I had light primer strikes using Tulammo in my XD9 SC (only ammo I could get at the time), never with any other ammo though. Hopefully you get it back soon.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
did you check to make sure the firing pin channel was gunk free? I've had the same problem just "appear" out of no where, and every time, the
firing pin channel was filled with gunk that my not so thorough cleaning missed......which led to the infamous light primer strikers.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Had a problem with my XD9,bought a new firing pin spring and removed and cleaned the channel,I then installed the new spring and it was back in action.
I reload and when we first got Tula primers we had quite a few that took 2 hits to fire,I think Tula mixed up some small rifle primers for small pistol,It seems like the primers we got later were ok.

Did you try firing your carry ammo to see if you still had FTF,

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
I'm very interested in what Springfield has to say. I've shot my XD40sc a ton and don't think I've ever removed the firing pin assembly.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
As you said, better to find the problem at the range, and not on the street when needing it to go BANG. Just curious, you haven't let Rollo near your gun have you? :embarassed:

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As you said, better to find the problem at the range, and not on the street when needing it to go BANG. Just curious, you haven't let Rollo near your gun have you? :embarassed:
Oh, Lord No! Bye the way, where has he been lately?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts