Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
Seems that quite a few people are starting to wake up and see the situation in our large cities as it really is - not a gun problem, but a people problem.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
The kids next door (couple in their 20’s) came over asking questions, CWO took them up to the gun room and he had “school” for the two of them. We plan on taking them shooting so they can try out some and see what they like. We don’t mind, he was about to buy a really bad cheap gun and we suggested they save up another month.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
My thinking

1. It is going to be a little worrying with getting training even CCW as a lot of state it is either shut down or limited so that is gona to be a intersting thing to watch
2. Hopefuly a lot of people will see the issues in there states gun laws and fight to change them ..Ie states like CA with all there crap or NC where you need a permit to buy a handgun
3. My worry is a lot of crap guns are going to be pushed on people either by a scumbag wanted to make a buck or by desperation and might turn off some people

·
Registered
521 Posts
I ave had co-workers that were disinterested in guns approach me asking for gun advise. Of course, that advise is generally, take a class.
Not coworkers, but a few friends have asked me in recent weeks what would be good to get. This happened just yesterday. I saw a guy at lunch who floated the idea, but in a way that made it seem he was on the fence about it. That wasn't the cause for his apprehension. I know though he really didn't understand much of anything. He had not clue how much any hand gun even cost, or the wait time for Florida. So I just volunteered as much info as possible because I think he was too embarrassed to ask many questions.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
The kids next door (couple in their 20’s) came over asking questions, CWO took them up to the gun room and he had “school” for the two of them. We plan on taking them shooting so they can try out some and see what they like. We don’t mind, he was about to buy a really bad cheap gun and we suggested they save up another month.

Well done to both of you.

How we relate to the people who are worried, concerned, scared, and go shopping for a gun will make a huge impression on them for the future and everyone they come in contact with.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Opportunity!
Along with guns and since we have their attention this is also an opportunity to do some political schooling with our friends/neighbors. We are learning from living in a younger group neighborhood that many just don’t know history or why the laws are the way they are. Funny, within a couple of days of CWO’s gun school with the young couple a political sign went in their front yard lol.

Doors are opening, time for us to walk through before their liberal coworkers/professors taint their minds any worse than the faux history books they are pushing.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Well done to both of you.

How we relate to the people who are worried, concerned, scared, and go shopping for a gun will make a huge impression on them for the future and everyone they come in contact with.
Ha, LOVE the coon pic!

Thank you, credit goes to CWO. He had them in the gun room and made them hold bullets to see the difference, all but taking the gun apart to show them. The young woman was a bit weirded about them but with some of the fun one’s and variety we have it helped I believe. She likes cats, so the Cheetah print 380 had to come out of the safe lol. It wasn’t a “what kind of gun you should buy” thing, but more of what this and that will do and won’t do.

Actually thinking of some gunpowder therapy in the next day or two, its the whole mask thing that screws that up but may bite the bullet (pun intended).

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
I like the raccoon pic too. Mrs OldChap has a matching set like yours. She feeds them every few days. They mostly come at night, but I've been trying to get some photos.

You might get a kick out of this guy's videos. He posts a new one every day, I think.

Reactions: Sister and CWOUSCG

·
Registered
36,177 Posts
I like the raccoon pic too. Mrs OldChap has a matching set like yours. She feeds them every few days. They mostly come at night, but I've been trying to get some photos.

You might get a kick out of this guy's videos. He posts a new one every day, I think.

All fun and games until the one with rabies shows up for a bite!

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
All fun and games until the one with rabies shows up for a bite!
??? Are you trying to get this thread shut down too cause folks don’t think like you think?

Go play with your squirrels and leave us alone your minding other folks business, gonna start calling you Mrs. Kravitz! 😠 and I don’t want your Christmas card they smell like old people!!!

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
5,123 Posts

Lol, YES! we have been watching the Raccoon Whisper for a good while now on youtube, watching him got me brave enough to hand feed Dixie, her babies (3) have started coming up for bread now. Gave Dixie a pink cupcake, have another one gonna have to take pictures of her eating it - too cute she loved it and had icing all over her hands/face. Raw eggs seem to be a favorite, we keep cheap one’s in the fridge for her.

Fun video, don’t think I’d let them get that close to my face though. They remind me of cats.

Reactions: Pete63 and OldChap

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Lol, YES! we have been watching the Raccoon Whisper for a good while now on youtube, watching him got me brave enough to hand feed Dixie, her babies (3) have started coming up for bread now. Gave Dixie a pink cupcake, have another one gonna have to take pictures of her eating it - too cute she loved it and had icing all over her hands/face. Raw eggs seem to be a favorite, we keep cheap one’s in the fridge for her.

Fun video, don’t think I’d let them get that close to my face though. They remind me of cats.
A friend of mine who is a Texas Game Warden warned me about doing a very thorough washing of everything after being around them. His last word of advice was, "Always remember that unless you raise one inside from a baby, they are wild animals." They are too cute though.

·
Registered
36,177 Posts
??? Are you trying to get this thread shut down too cause folks don’t think like you think?

Go play with your squirrels and leave us alone your minding other folks business, gonna start calling you Mrs. Kravitz! 😠 and I don’t want your Christmas card they smell like old people!!!
Old-smelling cards for you oldies.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
A friend of mine who is a Texas Game Warden warned me about doing a very thorough washing of everything after being around them. His last word of advice was, "Always remember that unless you raise one inside from a baby, they are wild animals." They are too cute though.
Yes, a very nice member on the forum let me know about the hand washing on the animal thread. Very appreciative for that bit of info.

I feel more in danger of the snotty nosed kids few doors down of giving me covid, or of our Mrs. Kravitz like neighbors reporting us for going to our private mailbox without a max for a $250 now Harris county fine than of a raccoon. Dixie, as we fondly call momma coon, to me is much safer I’d rather take a risk with her and her playful kits than the other dangers.

Will try to get some good pink cup-cake pics at her dinner time tonight, already gave her one day before yesterday and she walked around with her tongue out lapping icing. Had it all over her hands, too cute. She ain’t got covid ha ha! 😃

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts
It is cute and all, but feeding wildlife is not a good idea on many levels. Especially not good for the wildlife. Our food is no good for them.
I hate being a Debbie downer my kids when they were young used to hate me when i would not let them feed the ducks at our pond.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
New gun owners are buying up all the inventory and messing with my life long hobby !
U see what these clowns are paying for stuff on gunbroker , DUH common now !

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts
New gun owners are buying up all the inventory and messing with my life long hobby !
U see what these clowns are paying for stuff on gunbroker , DUH common now !
Agree. I have got money burning a hole in my pocket for a couple of firearms I have been wanting.
But even when I find one I am not paying the crazy prices they want.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts