Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so story starts about 2 months ago when some new neighbors moved into the house to the right of mine. We (my wife and I) Introduced ourselves shortly after they moved in, and it happened to be when they were drinking. We hung out for about 20 mins and in that 20 mins both the husband and wife indulged ALOT of uneccessary info about thier lives ( Drugs, AA, DA, Anger Managment, DUI's). My wife and I were like ok great there goes the neighborhood. We didnt talk to them anymore. I have lived in this house for 2 years now and the nieghbors directly across are good friends of ours. The good neighbors were downtown at a resturant/bar when the bad neighbors ran into each other. The good neighbors were kinda bothered with how drunk they were already and how rude they were being. So the good neighbors decided to go to a different place but the bad neighbors followed, upsetting the good ones. The girlfriend of the good neighbor said to the bad ones "Hey can you guys not follow us we are trying to have an evening to ourselves". The bad ones responed with punching the good ones gf. The bad wife got arrested and the bad husband ran off. The good neighbor came home, at the same time I pulled into my driveway, the bad husband ran out of his house swinging a baseball bat at me and the other neighbor yelling obscenities. I had just pull my CC out of the case in the back seat and quickly loaded it and chambered a round. At that moment the bad neighbor freaked and tried to run away but was met at the corner by the Police. He struggled with them and was eventually pepper sprayed. The officers (11 of them) weapons drawn asked me to put my gun away. They came and talked to me and i told them what happened and the lead officer told me "good job". Come to find out the neighbor had an outstanding warrant for murder. A VERY interesting evening.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Holy Crap...... that is interesting..... Do the Good Neighbors Carry? or know you carry?.... If they don't maybe you should take a trip to the range with them...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
In all that craziness, I would like to point out that I think that makes you the "Good neighbor." Well done and lets pray for better neighbors to move in and fill the space of the guy thats in jail.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the good neighbors dont carry and actual gun but he has a less leathal Co2 actuated gun that he got from his ex wife who is a sargent with the local PD. Yes they know i carry and are thankful that I do.. They are looking into getting a HD gun but not a CC.

·
Registered
119 Posts
( Drugs, AA, DA, Anger Managment, DUI's)
Warning Will Robinson! Warning!

Hope your crazy state doesn't allow him make bail so he can come back for another haunting...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hes already out both of them are...... They havent said anythong to us but i have made sure my wife knows where the HD Shotgun, and the handgun, are located. I also got my wife a key chain pepper spray and she is a very good shot with both my SG and my HG.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
hes already out both of them are...... They havent said anythong to us but i have made sure my wife knows where the HD Shotgun, and the handgun, are located. I also got my wife a key chain pepper spray and she is a very good shot with both my SG and my HG.
He had a murder warrant and he's out already? :gah:

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Interesting is an understatement. Keep your eyes and ears open.

Stay safe and good luck!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
wow...your own little block party....sounds like one heck of an evening....well played...thank god you could get to your firearm in time....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont understand why hes out already either but this did happen about 2 weeks ago, i just havent had the time to post it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I had just pull my CC out of the case in the back seat and quickly loaded it and chambered a round

why weren't you armed?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Come to find out the neighbor had an outstanding warrant for murder. A VERY interesting evening.
Holy Cow Droppings Batman!

You have to wonder;
1. While they were divulging all their past discretions, did they forget about the outstand murder warrent?

2. Do banks check outstanding warrents when you apply for a home loan?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The good neighbor came home, at the same time I pulled into my driveway, the bad husband ran out of his house swinging a baseball bat at me and the other neighbor yelling obscenities. I had just pull my CC out of the case in the back seat and quickly loaded it and chambered a round.

Glad everything turned out ok, but you need to keep that CC loaded with one in the pipe.

·
Registered
672 Posts
WOWOWOW. This is why I plan on purchasing some acres in VA and building a house in the center of it, no need for neighbors. Glad to hear everything went alright.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I'm a recovering Addict,been clean over 18 years and alcohol is a drug,I am a great neighbour.People like that if they went to AA,NA,CA or whatever were probably court ordered and couldn't put together 2 days they weren't under the influence of something.Recovery is basically for people that want it and not everyone that needs it,Something tells me they will get "trashed" and decide to assault you again,I would keep my SA on orange and watch your back you got a coupla real winners.I would buy a couple cameras to mount to cover your property In case when you are gone they vandalise your property you will have proof

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm a recovering Addict,been clean over 18 years and alcohol is a drug,I am a great neighbour.People like that if they went to AA,NA,CA or whatever were probably court ordered and couldn't put together 2 days they weren't under the influence of something.Recovery is basically for people that want it and not everyone that needs it,Something tells me they will get "trashed" and decide to assault you again,I would keep my SA on orange and watch your back you got a coupla real winners.I would buy a couple cameras to mount to cover your property In case when you are gone they vandalise your property you will have proof
Good for you!

+100

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
We all say, "Watch your back!", and we all really mean...You really need to watch your back, day and night...this does not sound like a good situation.

Stay armed...even at home...stay safe!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts