Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to ship a couple of guns that I sold today in a torrential downpour. I was carrying my Detonics 1911 in my Supertuck. I had pulled my shirt up and tucked it in behind the holster to drive out there, because it's more comfortable while driving. Needless to say, I completely forgot about my shirt and was much more concerned about the ankle deep water I stepped into getting out of my truck. I burst into the sporting goods store where two older folks were sitting at the counter. Their attention went directly to my right hip, but neither one said anything. I realized what they were staring at and pulled my shirt back over it. We then talked for about 20 minutes about their competition guns, the lack of .380 ammo, and reloading.:smile:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I almost did that down here in FL, which is a no-go...

-B

·
Registered
90 Posts
So I went to ship a couple of guns that I sold today in a torrential downpour. I was carrying my Detonics 1911 in my Supertuck. I had pulled my shirt up and tucked it in behind the holster to drive out there, because it's more comfortable while driving. Needless to say, I completely forgot about my shirt and was much more concerned about the ankle deep water I stepped into getting out of my truck. I burst into the sporting goods store where two older folks were sitting at the counter. Their attention went directly to my right hip, but neither one said anything. I realized what they were staring at and pulled my shirt back over it. We then talked for about 20 minutes about their competition guns, the lack of .380 ammo, and reloading.:smile:
Just curious to why you covered back up? Were you not comfortable being OC or was it more due to the clothing you were wearing?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Here in Arizona it's doubtful that they'd have even glanced at your handgun.

Most folks around here get "desensitized" pretty quick. It's not like everyone's OC'ing here, but it's not an uncommon thing.

Daryl

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Just curious to why you covered back up? Were you not comfortable being OC or was it more due to the clothing you were wearing?
I was wondering the same thing...you could OC anyway, right? What was the big deal?

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
well, some people are uncomfortable with OC, even where it's legal. some friends of mine, who carry at all times, would still freak if their gun became exposed. they think i'm ballsy for OCing all the time.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
OC isn't legal in Tx ,anytime I get up from sitting or get out of my car I automatically check to make sure my gun isn't playing peekaboo

·
Registered
90 Posts
well, some people are uncomfortable with OC, even where it's legal. some friends of mine, who carry at all times, would still freak if their gun became exposed. they think i'm ballsy for OCing all the time.
I know a couple people who were uncomfortable with OC. I convinced them to OC with me on a few occasions, as I OC all the time. Once they learned people never notice, they were no longer uncomfortable.

They still prefer CC, but I have seen them both OC occasionally when it is very hot.

Options are always good.:wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts