Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was my "walmart walk", though it wasn't a Walmart, it was a Bucky's. I got my LTC in the mail about a week ago but my holster didn't arrive from Vedder until yesterday. So today is my first time carrying. On my way to a family get together I had to stop at Bucky's for ice.

Didn't expect they'd have a 30.06 sign, but checked. They didn't.

I was pretty nervous because I've gained some quarantine weight and was worried I was printing. I followed a suggestion I'd seem somewhere here and used a stall for a restroom visit because I'd realized that my rig really does weigh on my pants.

But I didn't get any indication that anyone noticed.

I was as worried about the Covid19 as I was about being outed though because it was so packed. It was impossible to stay six feet from anyone.

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Congratulations. Carrying will become second nature.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Congratulations, CJ810. Glad to see you take that first big outting with your weapon. You will get more confident the more you carry.

·
Super Moderator
16,154 Posts
Welcome to the world of personal responsibility for self protection, if you are having trouble with the weight of your weapon try using a dedicated gun belt. It will make a world of difference.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome to daily carry. It took me a couple weeks to get used to having a gun on my hip. Worried someone would scream, holler, make comments. Most non gun people won't even notice you are carrying, unless its open carry. And even then, less people will notice than you would think. Enjoy the start of you exercising your right to carry.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
@KILTED COWBOY is right. Who cares if anyone sees your gun? Our license used to be called "CHL" for Concealed Handgun License. Now it is "LTC" or License To Carry - concealed OR open is legal.

The only thing you should remember is never, ever, produce your LTC for anyone except a law enforcement officer. It isn't anyone's business.

I had a guy ask me if I had a "license fer that thing" once in WalMart when I reached to the top shelf to get something for Mrs. OldChap. I asked if he was an LEO and he got real huffy - Mrs. OldChap called him downright rude. I identified myself as a department Chaplain LT, pulled out my PD badge and asked if he'd like to go downtown and discuss this some more. He turned green and made a B-line for the exit.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the world of the enlightened. If concerned about printing, just asked a trusted friend. Time will tell you if your setup is trustworthy, ie, holster and firearm stay in place. I don't see where you're from, but here in southwest MO nobody seems to care about OC, so printing or accidentally flashing isn't an issue. I forget where I last saw an OC, other than the rifle in the back window of a pickup. Stay calm and carry on!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Nice. Congrats on your first "Walmart walk".

Don't worry about if your printing or not, you ain't doing nothing wrong or illegal. Besides, 95% of the people that do see you printing won't even know what it is that they see printing.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I remember those first few days as I only started EDC about 8 months ago. At first I worried about printing and thought everybody was looking at me and knowing I had a gun. OMG!

Now I don't think about it at all even though in this warm weather with just a light T-shirt as cover garment it would be obvious to anyone who knew what to look for that I was carrying. People for the most part are oblivious to just about everything around them and so what if they do know? I'm not doing anything wrong.

I have a Shield and at first I planned to carry that in the summer since it's smaller and more easily concealed but I decided to just keep carrying the larger M&P Compact instead because I shoot it a lot better.

Before long you'll get dressed in the morning which includes donning your rig and you'll hardly think about it the rest of the day. At least that's how it is now for me.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Lots of detail there, except the gun you carried. ❓

Reactions: Nmuskier

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Because of the "pandemic" we will let you slide on not doing an actual Wally Walk but please as soon as it is safe complete an actual Wally Walk or kindly return your license to carry.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Nice. Congrats on your first "Walmart walk".

Don't worry about if your printing or not, you ain't doing nothing wrong or illegal. Besides, 95% of the people that do see you printing won't even know what it is that they see printing.
After today, I’ll never set foot in another Wal-Mart.

I don’t give a F&*&^% how anybody feels about Masks, we have reached a point where big, fat bullies are now shoving around elderly people who are paying customers in their store.

Had that fat slob done that to me, I would’ve knocked his behind into next week.

As it is, this guy has a lawsuit he’ll easily win and the employee just lost his job, and might even get charged with assault.......

But this is what we’ve come to. pathetic and disgusting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
As long as you have a good belt, fairly loose fitting pants, a decent holster, and a comfy somewhat baggy shirt, you will find that you can carry anywhere and no one notices. I hardly notice my carry gun anymore, unless it's not there.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Sign up for a pistol 1 class ASAP. Start putting your gear to the test, learn some dirty tricks to get out from behind the 8 ball, work dry fire and manipulations daily, become the good kind of dangerous.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Well, it's been 4 days since your original post, CJ810, and I'll bet you are wondering why you didn't do this sooner. Glad things are going well, sir.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts