Defensive Carry banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on your first time. Comfort level and confidence will come quickly the more you carry. My suggestion would be to carry full time while at home. Find the shirt that covers the best, have a quality gun belt and don’t be afraid to try different holster. If your like me you’ll have several for the same pistol. Each with a different feel and conceal ability. Different pistols feel different on the hip and you’ll learn what combination of gun/holster/cover shirt work best for you.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I carry a flashlight, phone, pepper spray, and a multi tool on my belt. All under a T-Shirt. People have asked what I’m carrying. I show them. They have no clue tha a J-Frame is in my pocket and another is in my waist. You can’t see them. My belt is a 14 once Bigfoot Steel Core Leather Belt.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've been thinking about getting a gun belt. I have a good wide leather belt I've used for probably close to 15 years, but it has been difficult to get the right position with it this week. Its either just loose enough so that my holster slides down my butt or it's so tight it feels like it's cutting me in half. I love my holster. The gun doesn't move at all in it. It can even hang upside down and the gun doesn't come out. I do sometimes wish it had a pad between me and the holster, but that's getting less noticeable.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts