Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Five thousand rounds fired thru the Ruger American Pistol 9mm Luger. I assumed ownership of the RAP9 in February of this year.

The previous owner in order to maintain a semblance of happiness/wellbeing in their marriage had to dispose of one more handgun than what was needed in the opinion of their spouse.

No failures to feed, fire or extraction issues. FMJ 115Gr & 124Gr ball comprised 90% of the ammunition consumed and the other 10% Federal — Speer — Remington & Winchester JHP. Both standard and +P pressure.

Accuracy is comparable to examples of the Glock G17-Gen3 and S&W MP9. Ambidextrous slide and magazine releases. Ease of basic take down better than the G17 or MP9. Consistent 5.5Lb trigger press, excellent hand fit, point ability and acceptable basic sights.

Some individuals have commented on the esthetics of the RAP9. Functionality has a beauty all of its own. The Glock G17 and S&W MP are not pleasing to the eye either.

In closing I am not a Ruger person but the RAP9 has won me over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,321 Posts
Hmm, I really doubt that it cn overshadow my XD MOD 2 service model., or the Tactical in FDE that I will buy next.

Still, it's a Ruger, and even though ugly to some..even outlandish angles and all, feels pretty good in the hand.

If I was to trade any of my Springfields or CZs for a new Ruger, the American would get the nod for both price
and capacity.

The Match Champion for beauty..at least in my minds eye.

I've never handled a MC or a Walther PPQ, so there are a few guns swirling around in my head these
days, and I remain impressed with the American that fondled for a few seconds.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
It is my favorite at the range! This fall I will probably start carrying it! What could be uglier than a Glock? I find the American easy to shoot with minimum kick. It is just a pleasant Gun to fire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is my favorite at the range! This fall I will probably start carrying it! What could be uglier than a Glock? I find the American easy to shoot with minimum kick. It is just a pleasant Gun to fire.
I also have a RAP 45 there were initial problems that required it to be returned to Ruger. The slide and barrel were replaced and Ruger test fired it with the ammunition that I had problems with. Ruger paid the cost to send & return and expedited the warranty service in a timely manner. Could not be more pleased with Rugers response. As for an extensive firing test 45ACP is spendy$$$. I'm in the process of stocking up.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top