Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone carrying for a fixed blade edc defensive knife. I would like to buy another knife and want something that can be concealed, fixed blade for an urban environment.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Thanks guys. So far, I have also looked at:

Ka-Bar TDI Hinderer Hinderance

https://www.kabar.com/products/2485

Perhaps my top pick so far, Griffon Knives M10 Boot knife 4" . Lightweight and in VG10 which is a steel I love
https://cutleryshoppe.com/gryphon-m10ffg-utility-boot-knife-4-0-ffg-laminated-vg-10-blade-w-dlc-finish-black-boltaron-sheathpro-sheath/
The Gryphon m10 is a nice blade. VG10 is one of my favorite steels for maintaining an edge and ease of sharpening. Can't go too far astray with the M10.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
I've carried my Izula more since I finally found a good sheath for it. I'm not much of a fixed blade guy though so even now, it doesn't see that much use.

For defensive knife use, I'm relying on my Ultratech to do the job but I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a knife fighter. I'd be more comfortable with unencumbered hands than I probably would holding a knife.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Benchmade SOCP Dagger. Very concealable. I carry it daily. Here it is with my old carry, A "Randall Made".

View attachment 289336

socp-dagger_1000x1000.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
One knife you might want to take a look at is the Cold Steel Koban. It is a flat 5 ½ inch blade very light boot knife that you can get for under $40. The blade is super sharp keeps an edge. I have always carried it on my duty belt. I carry it with the sheath tucked into my pants in a reverse carry and clipped to the inter-belt liner on my off-side. It tucks in between my collapsible baton and my radio. This is my get off-of-me knife. No one ever notices it. This setup is hard to beat.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
What year was the Randall made Pete? I've got an 80's Randall that was given to me. The older ones made under Bo's direction are getting damned pricey/
His son thought it was made about 1970ish. I went to Orlando for a family reunion, & stopped by the shop to have them look at it. I'm sure it's worth a few dollars. You'd not believe what I paid for it. $15.00, from a friend, whom knew what it was! He got in in a trade at a gun show. He liked me, & was getting rid of most of his guns & knives. This was in 1977.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I bought this 5" Parker made in Japan in the early 80's and have never really used it much. The price was right at the time. The unknown steel takes a good edge and the short top edge is also very sharp. The metal handle leaves a lot to be desired and I think it will get a hockey tape wrap one of these days. It actually feels pretty good in the hand.
vintage-1980s-parker-brothers-boot_1_cf7fcb3b418426eb5e059d15a9358764 (1).jpg

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Find one that is USA Made, it’ll run a little more that the China Made ones but, definitely worth it!! I’ve had one for years that I carry with me every time I head into the woods.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Cold Steel Safe Keeper is a good bet for a nice push dagger. Harder to find since they’ve been discontinued but the safe keeper 2 is my choice the 1 is a touch long for most applications.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts