Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I am a Florida resident, I spend several summer months every year RVing in the mountains of NC. I have a close friend whose permanent home(Driver's license and CC permit)are from Florida. He also owns a home in NC. He contends that he can walk into a gunshop, or gun show in NC, legally purchase a handgun, and take immediate possession of it, based on his FL CC permit. I have purchased a long gun in NC and walked out of the store with it, but believe that it is not legal to do this with a handgun. Am I right or wrong?

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Taking a guess here, and someone with more specific knowledge will no doubt be along shortly...

I'd say this falls under federal law, not state law and sounds like a big no-no! even getting the shotgun with out some kind of FFL in a state where you are not a resident doesn't sound right.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Taking a guess here, and someone with more specific knowledge will no doubt be along shortly...

I'd say this falls under federal law, not state law and sounds like a big no-no! even getting the shotgun with out some kind of FFL in a state where you are not a resident doesn't sound right.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
+1 the handgun laws are federal; and welcome. As a quick aside I cannot purchase a handgun in FL with my FL CCW, I am not a resident of FL.

·
Registered
408 Posts
He is blowing smoke at you. NC required either a pistol puchase permit, or an NC Concealed carry permit to purchase a handgun.
If he did manage to do what he says, there is a gun store that is going to find itself in a bunch of trouble if they get their paperwork audited

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I just PMed you some info. We have 2 FFL guys on staff at Vanguard. I gave you the website and email. If anyone can give you all the ins and outs of the Federal Firearms Laws -and- info on purchasing in NC, they can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts