Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in MD but wish to carry in WV, VA and DE. It looks like a Non-Resident permit for Florida would do the trick.

And I reading things correctly?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did read that, just want someones opinion on it....In MD it's impossible to get a CWP unless it's related to a job or you've been threatened (with massive documentation).

Thanks

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
My impression is that handgunlaw is pretty up to date.
I would think you would be good to go.

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,562 Posts
I live in MD but wish to carry in WV, VA and DE. It looks like a Non-Resident permit for Florida would do the trick.

And I reading things correctly?
You are reading that correctly. You can also look at Utah (Requires special class), and I believe a Virginia NR will also get you those states.

WV does now accept NR as of the middle of July or August, their law JUST changed.

Also as suggested, check out the Handgunlaw site. As a bonus, I think all 3 of those NR permits will also get you PA!

·
Registered
183 Posts
You are reading that correctly. You can also look at Utah (Requires special class), and I believe a Virginia NR will also get you those states.

WV does now accept NR as of the middle of July or August, their law JUST changed.

Also as suggested, check out the Handgunlaw site. As a bonus, I think all 3 of those NR permits will also get you PA!
Con you give me a link detailing the changes. My In-Laws live in WV and my TX permit has not been recognized there. I would like to keep up with any changes in WV.

·
Super Moderator
25,562 Posts
Con you give me a link detailing the changes. My In-Laws live in WV and my TX permit has not been recognized there. I would like to keep up with any changes in WV.
Handgunlaw.us

Check out the site it's full of good and current, and usually has links directly to the state laws. A quick look doesn't show good news for you as a Texas resident though.

·
Registered
752 Posts
You're good to go in WV on a non-resident permit as long as you're not a WV resident.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the info guys... I need to rethink where I live....MD has so much BS.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Thanks for all the info guys... I need to rethink where I live....MD has so much BS.
Yes...twice!:image035:

You can carry...:yup:
You should move...:yup:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Good luck getting the MD permit. I hear that they are quite tough to come by, so hopefully you're successful in obtaining one.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahh, money... Reason #2.

(#1 Political ties :mad:)

How restricted is it? Or did they give you full carry.

It would not be a Full Carry, They only issue those if you can demonstrate threats to your life....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts