Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was talking to some folks yesterday and they were telling me that you can get a Fla out of state permit and carry in 30 or so states. I tried to do a search on this forum for the info but didn't find anything. Can you point me to the information. I hate to discuss something that has already been discussed.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The other site I'd recommend would be www.nra-ila.org. Then click on the "gun laws" tab and then there's a reciprocity link.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I think - without checking my paperwork - the FL covers about 25 or 26.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Florida gives you 30, Utah gives you 31, the one extra being Washington.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Since a lot of people hold multiple permits, I took another look at Florida's list of accepted state permits. It looks like FL does honor quite a few, but only resident permits from other states, no other state's non-resident licenses were listed.

The NRA omits this info, at leas as far as Florida is concerned, and Packing.org isn't available at the moment, so can anyone tell me if their state accepts or honors other state's non-resident permits? Or just the other state's resident permits.

My point being, if other states only recognize out of state resident permits and not their non-resident ones, then getting a FL non-resident permit will only make you legal in FL, and not the other 20-some odds states that FL honors.

I hope that made sense!

mm

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
As far as I can tell (and I have been researching this recently) Florida, Michigan and New Hampshire do not accept Non-Resident permits. Utah accepts Florida's non-resident permit, but Florida does not accept Utah's. Arizona does not accept non-resident permits for residents of Arizona. South Carolina does not accept non-resident permits, but that is hardly a problem since they only accept the resident permits of 9 states: Alaska, Arkansas, Louisiana, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Wyoming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts