Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an ongoing quest to find an IWB holster that will work for me using revolvers. I love to strong side carry my semi autos with a IWB holster, but with revolvers I find that the curves of the revolver creates pressure points that makes it unbearable to carry.

Are there any good IWB holsters made for a GP100 3" fixed sight revolver that incorporates a flat back design to minimize pressure points?

Regards,
FE1911

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'll give you my honest opinion. The 3" gun is too big for IWB carry. If you consider a 2" SP101 takes the same length holster as a 5 inch 1911, you need to add another inch to the GP100.

The only recommendation I have is possibly like the crossbreed style holsters that have the flat back panel and the kydex front. The cylinder is still probably going to find your nerves, though.

Nate

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give you my honest opinion. The 3" gun is too big for IWB carry. If you consider a 2" SP101 takes the same length holster as a 5 inch 1911, you need to add another inch to the GP100.
Thank you for the opinion, this would explain why I haven't been able to find something that is suitable for me.

I suppose the smartest thing would be for me to just keep carrying my M&P45c.

Thanks Nate.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Yeah, I'd seriously consider OWB carry. :wink:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Your problem may be where on your waist you're carrying IWB. Does your body type lend you to try the appendix position? Another thing you could look at are Simply Rugged holsters which use a nice thick piece of leather and aren't finely boned which will help smooth the bumps. I believe they make them in horsehide as well which would be even more of a barrier between the gun and you. Crossbreed's SuperTuck as suggested above is a very comfortable holster that should do the trick as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts