Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a couple of press releases over the last six months that said Florida CCW holders can renew their permits at the local tax collector's office. I got my renewal notification in the mail and thought I would try it out. After waiting in line for 20 minutes I was told that hasn't been fully implemented yet. There are only six offices in the whole state that are doing it on a trial basis.

Just thought I would let folks know so you don't waste your time.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hmm--sorry to say it looks like you got some bad info from your tax office. There are quite a few tax offices in Florida that process CCW licenses (52 according to the website). If there is one nearby, it is worth a trip since it makes getting your license extremely easy--one stop for everything including finger prints. So best advice is to check and see if there is a Tax Office near by that does process CCW licenses.

Here is a link:

How to Apply for or Renew a Concealed Weapon License / Concealed Weapon License / Licensing / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Nice to know that they are coming around to this. Still have a couple of years.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm--sorry to say it looks like you got some bad info from your tax office. There are quite a few tax offices in Florida that process CCW licenses (52 according to the website). If there is one nearby, it is worth a trip since it makes getting your license extremely easy--one stop for everything including finger prints. So best advice is to check and see if there is a Tax Office near by that does process CCW licenses.

Here is a link:

How to Apply for or Renew a Concealed Weapon License / Concealed Weapon License / Licensing / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
I'm in Panama City. It's like they drew a 50 mile radius circle around my house and said, "No convenient renewal for you".

·
Registered
251 Posts
The Regional Dept or Ag Office in Fort Walton Beach does renewals as well as the Okaloosa County Tax Collectors office.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts