Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Gun-shine State'ers,

Well as we all know OC is illegal in our fine state. Fortunately, it's one of the few un-friendly gun laws we have around these parts. As I hope many of you do know, however, it is legal to OC as "a person engaged in fishing, camping, or alwful hunting, or going to or from such an expedition" according to the chart of exemptions under F.S. 790.25.

Simple question here. Has anyone here ever legally OC'd in Florida under this exemption while hunting, fishing, or camping? Any issues with fellow campers, park or wildlife officials, or other LEOs?

I'll be hunting in January and intend on OC'ing during the hunting trip itself. Once I'm done I'll be reverting back to CC for the trip to and from home. I see the provision "going to or from such an expedition" but I think I'd prefer not to test an LEO's knowledge or benefit of the doubt on that particular point.

Just looking for some of your thoughts.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
I have open carried while in the woods hunting, but have not in route.
+1 on the WOODS but to and from YOU MIGHT beat the rap NOT
THE RIDE JMO & a few others WITH a badge :rolleyes:
H/D

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I lived in Orlando for 22 of the last 28 years, hunted in the panhandle, Ocala and north of Tampa and OC'd every trip. I met with Ranger Rick on the trail on multiple occasions while OC and none of the officers ever said anything negative. One guy in the panhandle regularly came into camp, sat around & drank coffee and had a firearms discussion with me and my party. Who had what, why, show & tell, etc. He was a local and we saw him every year. I think he realized we were the GG's because we told him of poaching/growing activities we encountered. We got to the point of him calling me to find out when we were coming up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts