1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Interesting that this is needed to enforce what's already on the books.
Truth is, anyone filling out the form to purchase just has to do one thing: check off that they're not crazy.

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
Nothing really new except to close a loophole for involuntary admission to a mental institution. Even then it only refers to involuntarily admitting yourself after an INVOLUNTARY examination and being found to have a serious mental problem. In other words, you cannot skirt the law by admitting yourself to a mental institute after you have been forced to get examined and found mentally ill. I find no problem with the bill. Currently if a doctor finds a person a danger to others they could still get a gun by voluntarily admitting themselves to the hospital rather than having it be done involuntarily. I really do not want someone with serious enough issues to be involuntarily examined to be able to pass a NICS check by simply pre-empting the process by voluntarily admitting themselves for treatment.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
So, if a service man comes home unable to handle his own affairs, like balance a checkbook, he can't have a gun in FL... interesting.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?

·
Registered
163 Posts
thats just the start, they can then define the term to suit the situation,( in their favor) when drafting any legislation you always leave it open ended, like a good movie, leaves open for a sequel or 3. Just sayin

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I would think this proposed law would require a legal judgment of mental incompetence or impairment. When my brother was declared incompetent because of Alzheimer's, he was immediately required to surrender his Florida CCP. Seems like we already have all the laws we need except those making it a crime to be a criminal.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Wow; only one ~ Nah ~ in the House and in the Senate all ~ Yea`s ~ in the Gun Shine State

:scratchchin: are there really that many politicians from NY living there :lolp:

:essen14:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
you mean I will have to give all my guns back???????????????????/
You'd have to be certifiably crazy to do that. :tongue:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts