Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Here Have Any Experience With The Fn Fnp 9mm? I Am Thinking Of Getting One And Would Like To Know Some Opinions On It.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I have just seen ads in the Gun Mags. Is FN Fabrique Nationale (misspelled, sorry!) of the Browning A-5 shotgun fame?

They are good looking pistols though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Raises hand

I have the FNP-9 9mm and it's an excellent gun:smile:
Mine is DA/SA, has ambi-decocker, really smooth trigger action, and is very accurate.
It is 25oz with empty mag I believe. It comes with 3 -16 round mags and goes for around $459.00.

I put 1,300 rounds through mine since I got it and only had 2 fail to feeds in the first 200, which I attribute to the standard stiff mags during break in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought one last year because I got tired of waiting for the Beretta PX4 and do not regret it. Great shooting gun, very accurate and comes with 3x16+1 magazine.

Evreyone that sees it at the range asks me about it.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Nobody has answered my question. Is this Fabrique Nationale of Belgium??????????????? Is this the same company that made Hi-Powers and A-5 shotguns for Browning for a number of years?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes it is. Actually, they own Browning.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Cool, thanks. I thought the company emblem looked familiar.....

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Wow, didn't know FN owned Browning. FN has produced many fine weapons , including current U.S. mil machine guns.

·
Registered
324 Posts
FN is the new HK... the gun company for the High Speed Low Drag guys. FN's gun is the same thing as the Browning. FN does offer one version that Browning doesn't offer, and thats a compact version.

I'm not sure what Browning is all about anymore, but they don't seem to be that interested in really selling guns anymore. Much like Colt. They'd rather sell their Name.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
rocky said:
Wow, didn't know FN owned Browning. FN has produced many fine weapons , including current U.S. mil machine guns.

Does that include the 240G?? Cause that thing sucks.

I do like this pistol though, might have to get one. Not quite as ray gun ugly as the PX4 so that's a strike, but what can you do.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
George Hill said:
FN is the new HK... the gun company for the High Speed Low Drag guys. FN's gun is the same thing as the Browning. FN does offer one version that Browning doesn't offer, and thats a compact version.

I'm not sure what Browning is all about anymore, but they don't seem to be that interested in really selling guns anymore. Much like Colt. They'd rather sell their Name.
I agree. Browning would rather sell boots,hunting clothing, and the Browning logo sticker that is on the back of a lot of truck windows.

Browning is going to be like Abercrombie and Fitch. What was many years ago a cool outdoor sports supply company (Or so I've been told. To young to remember.) now sells pink T-shirts to teenage girls. (And boys.)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well, let's not forget Winchester and Beretta which want to follow the same path...

I guess its the path of least litigation risk... but its also the path to complete failure.

Beretta is at least making some effort. While they still try to market to the Land Rover crowd, they have revamped the 92 line and have the new Cx4 pistol.... The storm carbine, and they have a new .223 carbine with an adjustable stock, which is nice, but not really viable as a tactical weapon. There is still hope for Beretta... but I'm not going to hold my breath.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
My brother told me that Winchester was going to be made in China. I didn't believe him....Is that true?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Well I'll have admit to having a Norinco made MAK-90, but a Chinese made Winchester......that stinks.:hand1:

Another sign that the end of the world is upon us!:22a:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sorry for the necropost, but I did a search before posting a new thread and found this one.

I am considering the FNP, and am debating between the traditional DA (DA/SA) and the SAO. Anyone know if the TDA can be carried cocked-and-locked, or is it only the SAO that can?

Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does that include the 240G?? Cause that thing sucks.
FYI:

They make the 240B (and if I were to guess, subsequent models), the 249, and even our M16's (under contract).

FN is indeed the new HK.

Hopefully this bit of a bump will help you with your question SCGuy!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts