Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot of N.C.I.S. fans out there. I have a question

On the latest show, Gibbs & Tony both uses folding knives to cut their steak at the end of the show. Can anyone tell me the type of folders they used?:bier:

·
Registered
195 Posts
was this it

The Kershaw Shun Higo folding steak knife is great as an elegant pocket knife or steak knife. The Kershaw Shun Higo knife's design dates back over 150 years and is considered the first Japanese pocket knife. The Shun Higo knife comes with a protective leather sheath and black lacquer presentation box, making it an ideal gift for use in restaurants. The non-serrated razor edge blade provides the cleanest cut possible for your steak, resulting in the best texture and flavor.

Shun Higo Folding Steak Knife - Steak Knives

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
purty they are... Just a wee bit expensive for me though.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
368 Posts
$230+ for a spring assist? wow.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Built like a tank I love them. There is a lot that plays into the price like blade steels used and such. :redface:
I've heard nothing but good things about them, I'm just too poor to be shopping in that price range :embarassed:

·
Registered
275 Posts
These were automatics; I carry one where it is legal. Don't kid yourself, they can be damned handy when called upon!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Kershaw's ZT line are fine knives. For one that's just as good but a bit cheaper, their Spec Bump model is awesome.

YMMV, but I think the going price on most ZT folders was more like $150-$200.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Either Kershaw has some sponsorship roll or the prop guy like them a lot. I have seen them use other Kershaws (like the Leek) in other episodes...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Zt 0300 series on NCIS

It looks like the knife in the foreground has the 0302's sand G10 that has had a 0300 black blade put on it. I can only assume that the art director thought that 2 striped blades would look as good in the shot....
I think that the Gibbs character had either a 0301 or 0302 and the the foreground knife was an 0302 with a black blade as you can see the color on the foreground knife's placement...

·
Registered
262 Posts
These were automatics; I carry one where it is legal. Don't kid yourself, they can be damned handy when called upon!
They are not Automatics they are assisted opening.While there is no practical difference there is a legal difference:smile:.

·
Registered
47 Posts
ZT 0300 series on NCIS

Talked to the ZT folks today... they were as surprised as anyone else to see their 0301 and custum ordered black blade 0302 on NCIS.
They had filled a custom order for an 0302 with a black blade to Southern Cal a while back along with a 0301 so they think that's the source. Thought it was a great free product plug.... which it was. They said someone on the show must like their knives...!

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Well, I figured folks here might be curious...I was, so I found an 0300 for $169...yep...not the $235/6 advertised everywhere but $169(ebay store). He didn't have the 0301, but had the 0300. Only catch is that it was in the blemish run. Now, I talked to the seller and he explained that the only blemish he could tell with the 5 that he has available was that the black coated blade did appear slightly lighter colored than black. I couldn't really tell from the 3 different photo angles available.

When it arrives and I've confirmed it appears and functions as advertised I will try to remember to post the link. I just don't want to post an ebay store link only to find out other members got screwed or something after following me over there(ala scam/knock off).:rolleyes:

Shipping is USPS Priority so I'm guessing 3-5 days for delivery. Will let you all know. I just love it when picky folks toss good stuff out of a run just because of a little scratch or ding or whatchamadoodle...:yup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Kershaw blems...

I almost bought a blem at a gunshow but I found out that the blems have no serial #s and Kershaw will not warranty them. From everything I have heard Kershaw will lifetime warranty and sharpen a warranty knife NC... even if user misuse was involved. Just like Strider. Figured that the extra few bucks would be worth it.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I almost bought a blem at a gunshow but I found out that the blems have no serial #s and Kershaw will not warranty them. From everything I have heard Kershaw will lifetime warranty and sharpen a warranty knife NC... even if user misuse was involved. Just like Strider. Figured that the extra few bucks would be worth it.
Where's the serial number on a Kershaw? There's none on my Blur, although there is a model number.

FWIW, I can't imagine returning a blade to the factory for sharpening unless it's something awful unusual.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts