Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
Drank a wee bit of scotch when I worked out of Aberdeen.

Reactions: scottync

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive done the Ancestry thing. About equal parts Scotch and Irish, but it keeps changing. I may need to change my name to Paddy, yet I enjoy both Scotch and Irish whiskey. :yup:
No disrespect, but call yourself a Scot not Scotch.
A true Scot will look at you sideways.
Scot and Irish, you come from some proud peoples

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
If "you are what you eat" (or drink), maybe he IS scotch... :tongue:

·
Registered
33,875 Posts
Ive done the Ancestry thing. About equal parts Scotch and Irish, but it keeps changing. I may need to change my name to Paddy, yet I enjoy both Scotch and Irish whiskey. :yup:
Maybe he is half scotch. I'm half bourbon myself.

·
Registered
Various
15,483 Posts
I love scotch, especially the heavily peated from Islay. I also love bagpipe music.

My ancestry is Scot, Irish, English, French Huguenot, and Viking. I am related to many of the royal families of Europe. My ancestors picked the wrong religion at the wrong time in history and ended up in the North American colonies in the 1600s.

·
Registered
33,875 Posts
I love scotch, especially the heavily peated from Islay. I also love bagpipe music.

My ancestry is Scot, Irish, English, French Huguenot, and Viking. I am related to many of the royal families of Europe. My ancestors picked the wrong religion at the wrong time in history and ended up in the North American colonies in the 1600s.
Lucky for Europe, eh?

Reactions: LimaCharlie

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
While I'm most definitely not a scotch aficionado, I do like scotch very much and it is my preferred whiskey. I don't care for the more peaty types and Glenfiddich is my favorite single malt. A nice smooth scotch and its 15 and 18 year variants are superb.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

You would like the show. It dealt mostly with the Isle of Islay.
Bruichladdich and Bowmore distilleries. Quite informative and the scenery was spectacular.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

LimaCharlie, here is some bagpipe music for you probably like you are not used to.
Bagpipe Rock

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Scot, Irish, Enlish, and Norwegian.
We have records of the Norwegian family into the mid 1600's. They didn't come here until mid 1860's and settled in Minnesota shortly after the Civil War ended.
The first McClain's came to North America as mercenaries with Compagnie du Nord (or Le Compagnie?) in the 1680's.
The McNeal's and Carter branches have been harder to follow due to the destruction of many of the records during the Civil War.

When I drank, I liked a good smooth Scotch, straight, no ice. Irish was never a favor except my Great Grandfather introduced me to Irish coffee.

·
Registered
33,875 Posts
Irish was never a favor except my Great Grandfather introduced me to Irish coffee.
My Irish coffee would likely introduce you to a coma.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Scotch, Bourbon...

Heck, they're both good. I keep both on hand at all times, so I can sip whichever one I happen to be in the mood for.

:eek:k:

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
It's whiskey you heathens.

I prefer Balvenie but I'll drink any of them. :a37:

Reactions: msgt/ret
1 - 20 of 21 Posts