Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there seem to be growing numbers of folks owning a Kimber of the 3 inch 'Ultra' series, I thought I would recommend a little gadget to you that makes disassembly a whole lot easier.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kimber-Pistol-G...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2303d5f6c2

Yes, I know this little gadget was mentioned a while back, but I never endorse or recommend something unless I try it first. With that in mind, I ordered a couple of them and proceeded to put them to use. I used one of them a few weeks ago, right after I recieved them and I thought "pretty neat".

Cleaned my three Ultras yesterday and used the little gadgets again.... I was impressed enough to recommend them ! They make dissassebly a lot less of a chore, no need to line up the little 'L' shaped takedown tool that comes with the Ultra.... in fact, the L shaped takedown tool is a thing of the past with this new takedown gadget.

AAAAA+++++ all the way from me !

And no, I am not affiliated with this product in any way, just passing on information that I think will benefit others like it has me.

·
Registered
488 Posts
As a new Ultra owner, the part that has always been hard for me was when I put the slide back onto the frame. It never seems to just slide back on like my Glocks. I always have to fuss around with the slide to get it to go all the way back to the point where I can then remove the "L" shaped tool and replace the slide release lever. Maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I always have to fuss around with the slide to get it to go all the way back to the point where I can then remove the "L" shaped tool and replace the slide release lever. Maybe it's just me.
Try pushing on the recoil spring to release the L shaped tool. Then install the slide without the tool.

ETA also make sure your not engaging the grip safety while installing the slide.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
That's really interesting, I may have to order one of these....

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
I've seen them before, this time I ordered one.
Thanks for the link.:hand10::yup:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I have one. Highly recommended. Makes life a lot easier for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts