Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I am looking at adding one of these to my collection. I have a Glock 26 and a Sig P238. I love both of them, but thought it would be fun to have a full sized pistol too.

What do you guys thin would expand my horizons best? The G17 or the P226? I have just been having fun at the range and have heard the pros and cons of each. Should I stay with the familiar Glock or experience something new with the P226.

John

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
If I was offer either gun for free I would go with the 226. I could only own one full size pistol and the choices were the G17 and the Sig 226 I would go with the Sig. I like the Sig way more tha the Glock.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
A P226 Enhanced Elite.. I'd like that !

·
Registered
175 Posts
I love my g17. very light full sized gun. never had an issue. I would love to have a sig too. I don't think you can make a bad choice. Find people who have them and ask to shoot them.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'd get the Sig. Your 238 is not a "classic" P series Sig. It shares nothing with the 226, the staple of the Sig platform.
Your G26 on the other hand is the same thing as a g17 just shorter.

So based on that, and it seems that you're trying 'new' things... I'd get the Sig.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Do you want to get something different just to have a new type of gun? If so, get the Sig I suppose. If you like your G26 and want a full size version for HD and range use then go with the G17. I'm not one to "collect" lots of different types of guns. I am boring and love Glock 9mm pistols for all my serious uses. I like the fact that I can switch from Glock to Glock without noticing much of a difference. Like I said, boring to a lot of collector types. Bottom line, get whatever floats your boat and fits your needs. :smile:

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
They are both very good guns. For HD use, given you carry a Glock 26, I'd recommend the Glock 17. You will shoot the 17 better with less practice than the 226 with it's DA first trigger pull and the SA second and subsequent trigger pulls. If you are just looking for variety, and cost doesn't matter. then the P226 might be a better choice. Fitch

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
I guess it depends on what exactly you are going to do with it. Carry gun, range gun..... agree with above if you carry the Glock more and are going to carry the larger one get the Glock otherwise go with the Sig

·
Registered
36,813 Posts
If its a gift, get the SIG. If you actually have to buy it yourself, get the Glock.
Exactly. I'd never spend on myself the money a Sig costs, so my son bought me a Sig P226 M25. Very nice gun!

·
Super Moderator
18,105 Posts
I have both the 17 and the 226.

Yeah, they both work,same as ugly women that can dance. Which one do you want to dance with, the ugly one that works or the one that is pleasing to the eye?

Glocks are for commoners.

Sigs are for people of discerning tastes.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
If you don't mind spending the extra $400 or so I would go with the 226 because it is probably a little nicer gun but if it was me I would get the Glock and save myself money.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts