Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Not sure if that would be legal here. Good idea but check your statutes before you set that trap.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
712 Posts
I look a little funny wearing a bra but if I did I get one that carried a knife.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Why wouldn't that be legal?
NC concealed carry laws only pertain to handguns not other weapons. The only knife that can be carried concealed is an ordinary folding pocket knife. The fixed blades are generally covered in statutes as not legally concealable.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
I was afraid it might be something with mouse traps. :image035: or bear traps

·
Registered
632 Posts
I note that there is absolutely NOTHING on the web site that addresses the primary function of a sports bra. Given that the odds of needing to use self-defense maneuvers are much less than the need for routinely wearing a sports bra, I find this omission suspicious.

OK, I work part-time in a running store. A key need for female runners is a quality sports bra -- that fits. Just like no shoe fits everyone, neither does one sports bra. I could spout all sorts of statistics, but the one that stands out (and saddens me a bit) is that nearly 40% of women don't work out as hard as they'd like because they don't get the support they'd like.

Sorry to derail this thread. You may continue with your snarky comments...

·
Registered
141 Posts
NC concealed carry laws only pertain to handguns not other weapons. The only knife that can be carried concealed is an ordinary folding pocket knife. The fixed blades are generally covered in statutes as not legally concealable.
NY is not bad with knife laws. Fixed blades and daggers are legal to carry but it's a little weird. While legal to carry they can presume you intend to use them illegally against another and arrest you. People say they have a knife to protect themselves and get arrested here. That's not the way the law is supposed to be interpreted but it happens. You can carry switchblades while hunting fishing here also. The law is a bit weird read the second part of it. Certain weapons by design they can saw you intend to use them against another person.

§ 265.01 Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.
A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth
degree when:
(1) He or she possesses any firearm, electronic dart gun, electronic
stun gun, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal
knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, plastic knuckles,
metal knuckles, chuka stick, sand bag, sandclub, wrist-brace type
slingshot or slungshot, shirken or "Kung Fu star"; or
(2) He possesses any dagger, dangerous knife, dirk, razor, stiletto,
imitation pistol, or any other dangerous or deadly instrument or weapon
with intent to use the same unlawfully against another; or

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Well, if I was gonna' get caught, a "Booby Trap" sure sounds like the place that...I'd wanna' find myself caught! :image035:

Reactions: Cippee

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
just tell the police, the knife belonged to the attacker, you just took it away from him and used, it be OK then.
Great way to start the short journey from victim to perpetrator. Lying in a self defense situation especially when you're the victim rarely has a good outcome.

I'm sure you probably said it in jest but many folks forget how prevalent those cellphone and CCTV cameras are.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Great way to start the short journey from victim to perpetrator. Lying in a self defense situation especially when you're the victim rarely has a good outcome.

I'm sure you probably said it in jest but many folks forget how prevalent those cellphone and CCTV cameras are.
I started to answer, you but you won't understand anyway, different states or city we're in.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I started to answer, you but you won't understand anyway, different states or city we're in.
I was born and raised in Florida and I spent some time in Miami and I don't recall a single instance where lying to law enforcement in a self defense case was prudent or legally smart.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts