Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATTN: Mods, if this is out of place or posted before please move or delete, I apologize in advance if this didnt belong here.
Found this, nice little stack of papers (7 pages) but well worth having
This is the FULL section of the MPOETC regarding open carry in the state of pennsylvania - It is in PDF format

http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkba/archive/MPOTEC_OC_Update_2009.pdf

~Steve

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pro2A, I agree with you, the minute I found it I said I gotta print it and gotta post it on DC. I mean come on, its better than a flyer because this is the ACTUAL MPOETC COURSE WORK AND LAWS SURROUNDING IT!
~Steve

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Pro2A, I agree with you, the minute I found it I said I gotta print it and gotta post it on DC. I mean come on, its better than a flyer because this is the ACTUAL MPOETC COURSE WORK AND LAWS SURROUNDING IT!
~Steve
It's in my car door as we speak :wink:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pro, do one better, carry it folded in your pocket just incase :yup: (thats what I do)
~Steve

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am glad that this thread exists. Thank you. :congrats:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not a troll, honest. But I am a PA resident, so I got to ask. What is the logic behind even wanting to oc out in public? Is this a proving a point kinda thing? Why do you want to do this? No flames, please. I'm seriously asking.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I'm not a troll, honest. But I am a PA resident, so I got to ask. What is the logic behind even wanting to oc out in public? Is this a proving a point kinda thing? Why do you want to do this? No flames, please. I'm seriously asking.
It's a right. Plain and simple. Open carry is constitutionally protected in PA. Not so with CC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpB4jj1FXeA

That video is from Virginia, but should answer most of your questions about OC.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chemist,I chose to open carry for the simple fact that there are times when it is a BIG comfort factor (those wonderful summer days where it feels like a SAUNA in the shade) but also it as Pro said, its a right and some chose to practice it. Also it can be an advantage (which comes with DIS advantages just like Concealed Carry) but this is not the thread for it as there are literally dozens of those threads floating around here. Also bear in mind, some states are VERY welcoming of open carry and some REQUIRE it when entering an establishment that serves alcohol for ON SITE consumption like VA(Hence the phrase "The Virginia Tuck), when I can find it, Ill post the link to a map of ALL states and how you can carry including "gold star" open carry states.
~Steve

·
Registered
934 Posts
im in philly, i was disarmed from NJ back to norristown, but have since remedied that situation once arriving at my friends

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you swinokur, I forgot to do that.... Kinda feel stupid about it right now.....:redface: Please feel free to :twak: me for not following what I said I would do.
~Steve

1 - 20 of 21 Posts