Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am now worried. i sent off my CWP permit yesterday via Certified mail. And i just checked the tracking and it says there was a notice left. Has anyone in SC that sent theirs off seen this when they checked it? im just wondering if this is normal or what, or if i need to call columbia tomorrow. Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm not sure what "notice left" means, but someone drove through the Post Office lockbox area where Sled has it's PO Box Monday afternoon, so it could be just a temporary thing until repairs are done. I'd check with the Post office and get clarification.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i sent mine express mail via usps about 3 weeks ago, it was guranteed by usps to be in columbia by noon the next day, it was like 13$, my tracking said accepted that very next day

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I would check to see what "notice left" means. I think it means when they tried to deliver it no one was available to sign for it so they left a notice. I'm just guessing........ but I would check with post office.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i don't know about what the notice thing means but i hope it gets thier, i just mine back on monday it took about 75 days maybe less to get mine

·
Registered
158 Posts
Still waiting...

Hopefully you won't get the false hopes of seeing a big manila envelope in the mail addressed from SLED like I did a week after you sent in your package...

Mine was returned for illegible fingerprints... had them redone and resent package... still waiting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hot Damn, called SLED a few minutes ago and my CWP was issued today so it should be otw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mailed it on Oct 29 it was recieved by sled Oct 30th and issued Jan 21....hopefully i'll recieve it by monday!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hot Damn, called SLED a few minutes ago and my CWP was issued today so it should be otw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mailed it on Oct 29 it was recieved by sled Oct 30th and issued Jan 21....hopefully i'll recieve it by monday!!!!!!
Glad its on the way :hand10:

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
i am now worried. i sent off my CWP permit yesterday via Certified mail. And i just checked the tracking and it says there was a notice left. Has anyone in SC that sent theirs off seen this when they checked it? im just wondering if this is normal or what, or if i need to call columbia tomorrow. Thanks
Since Monday was a federal holiday and most state offices were closed, that may very well be why a notice was left.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I was sent this today and I will share it with you because it was sent with the expectation that I would.

Over the last year and a half SLED has worked to try and improve the speed with which we process CWP applications. As you are aware South Carolina saw a dramatic increase in CWP applications over that time period while SLED also has had to absorb 30%+ budget cuts. Those cuts have delayed some of our projects to automate the CWP process to make it more efficient and decrease customer turn-around time. Unfortunately part of our on-going usage of 1970s - early 1980s COBOL main frame system requires that we rely on individuals for data entry purposes.

Todd Hagins
General Counsel - SLED

Now... I work for a state agency too in that I work for a State Supported University so I know all about the effects of the cuts. And look at how far behind they were on their Computer system! So.. well...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll be recieving mine in a little less than 90days so I'm not complaining at all!!!

Its a early b-day present since my bday is feb 10th, might pick up a para worthog to add to my arsenal too, local gun shop has a excellent used one for less than 1/2 of new retail

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
congrats

1 - 13 of 13 Posts