Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two 9mm pistols. When I decide to carry one of my 9's, it's either a Taurus PT-911, or PT-92. The 911 is more favored by me in warm months as it is smaller and lighter. The 92 is of course a full size pistol, and thus, is a bit harder to hide.

What do you carry??

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
I ve got a H&K P7 I carry a lot of the time. Also my ASP ( a fully customized S&W 39 chopped and channeled) A Beretta 92F Compact, a Glock 26, and 19 at times as well.
I rarely carry my full size 92F, although I carried it when I did Close Security for a Firm out of Boston Ma. (everybody carried 92Fs for the Company)

·
Banned
303 Posts
I now have two 9mm that I will carry at any time. My Glock 26 is super and my new Para-Ordnance Hawg 9 is beginning to become a close friend.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Al - several options but essentially only one that is daily carry last 10 months or more.

That is SIG 226ST - 15+1 124 GD's +P. Not a whole while back I got a 228 and this could suit too at IIRC 12+1 - save a bit of weight altho normally I like large and heavy!

I did for some while carry BHP - a fine piece and it could still do carry duty easily as I have a Horseshoe leather rig it sits in well. Yet another old friend could be my aging P95DC - that was mostly sho rig carry way back.

Oh and one other - which I did carry a coupla weeks when I was unsure about an apparent SIG problem - SW99 - great compact gun - 10+1 - very very easy to conceal and good shooter too - only downside is ergonomics - manual of arms is somewhat specific to that design and it is not quite so instinctive.

Main pref' tho - SIG!!

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
If I were allowed in my State, or when I can right now it's a SIG 239, either IWB or OWB depending.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I am not one to carry a 9mm for my primary but if I did and I'm not saying I wouldn't! I would still stick to a 1911 platform possibly Kimber or a custom and/or a BHP would be a no brainer. To be honest I think I would just get a 10mm DW CBOB and call it good. I also might look at the Beretta's if I did decide to go 9mm.

My BUG that I still do not have yet (prob will be the R9) is the smallest cal I like to carry. I would be happy with a 9mm BUG but not primary.

Ti.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I carry a G19, when Im traveling, and at night. I even plan on getting qualified to carry it at work. I load Corbon 115gr +p.

I still prefer to carry my 1911 whenever posible.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Me, 99% of the time a G26. The rest of the time a 92F.
Ammo, I alternate FMJ, Gold Dot, and Hydro-Shock.

What do the rest of you think about the alternating of the rounds?

Reactions: squid86

·
Registered
835 Posts
Kel-tek P11. Not pretty, or stylish, but it's small, light, reliable, and inexpensive. I may 'upgrade' to a CZ Rami, at least I'm considering it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bud White said:
I carry a xd subcompact Very little now.

My Glock 17 ive been carrying a lot more lately

Just curious as to why - is there a functional reason or just a preference change?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts