Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is where this post belongs. There is no real spot for questions regarding practical shooting. Anyways, here we go.

First, while I really want to, I have never been to a competition shoot. I've seen quite a bit on TV and YouTube to get the gist of it. I know when I go to the range and shoot, I pick up my empties to be reloaded. One range in my area makes you pick up your empties before you leave regardless if you reload or not. My question is do you pick up your empties after shooting a stage in competition?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Always - Brass is by far the most expensive component in the reloading process; it is also the one item that allows you to save so much money, since you can recycle this component so many times....

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
I always do, as do most of the people I shoot with.

GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) matches are described as "lost brass" matches and no pick ups are allowed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
match

Think it depends where you are shooting. The place I shoot USPSA the most has a few that hunt brass at the end but if you want to get your own that is ok too, just not during the match since that slows things down. Those that help with set up and breakdown get the best chances.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Brass is the most expensive component. Inspect brass that you are not sure off carefully.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts