Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Cross Draw users, In hopes of helping other's,I'd like to pass along a technique that has helped me substantially!
The initial reason I went to Cross Draw was due to spinal Injuries and it was the most comfortable way to draw for me.I also found the typical shooting stances uncomfortable for myself to acquire and maintain anymore.So I began a long search,that search ended in me finding Paul Castle from SabreTactical and the C.A.R. Technique.
His shooting stance works awesomely and smoothly with a Cross Draw set up. I find it Far superior to the traditional Weaver and Isosceles stances, but you be the judge,www.sabretactical. I'm a vet and had alot of tactical training,this is by far the best technique I ever learned,some will say it's only point shooting,to that I say, I guess that's why there teaching it to Spec ops World $ Elite LEO agencies! TO each there own,I know I use it and will keep on using it,If you find it's what you need,I'm glad I could pass it on to you!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Link is broken

·
Registered
368 Posts
wow, i watched his video, he's crazy fast, but i wonder how accurate that technique is when you arn't right on top of the target like he is? back the paper up to 7 yards

·
Registered
443 Posts
I love his speed and accuracy but every time I see those video's my gut says that it's a bit gimmicky for my taste. I also am not real fond of a slide as sharp as the rear of my 1911 being that close to my nose:) I'd be afraid that I would get caught up in the situation and end up with the gun just a hair to close to me and take myself out of the fight. I'm also a little leery of the shooting at chest because it seems like the gun could be pushed out of line and shoot towards my own off hand shoulder also.

But this is just my armchair concerns because all I've seen is the video, and maybe they are unfounded I guess the only way to know is to play with it myself:) Really though I'm guess the first guys to shoot with a supporting hand were criticized also;)

Luke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts