Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just tried this powder for my practice reloads. Found it works weel. Less smoke and less powder volume used per cartridge. I was using Unique, but found it smokes alot in my .40 cal. reloads. Bottomline Titegroup uses less powder and seems to burn cleaner. Check it out.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Works well but burns hotter than say 231 i can shoot as many rounds with titegroup before the guns be it 38sp 38 super 9mm 44 mag 45acp 45 colt etc etc get real hot but ya get a lot of rounds from a pound so

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I have heard good things on this powder but - so far have not tried it - I have way too many powders and it's time I standardized on just a few. Bullseye or 231 will usually do fine for lower end loads in 38 and .45acp.

I also consider Unique a smokey old mess-maker tho not quite as bad it seems with the modern version as the old. Sure they use that in UMC ammo!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use a lot of titegroup reloading
38spl,357mag,44spl,45acp and
45 colt.I find that it's great for
low and midrange loads and a lb
seem to last forever.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I use titegroup quite a bit. It's cheap and doesn't take much. However it burns very hot and makes quite a mess. I do not think it is clean at all.

I've recently starting using some old Dupont (now IMR) PB. A friend picked up some cheap on clearance ($10/pound) so figured it couldn't hurt. I experimented around with a few loads for the .45 and found it to be very accurate and burns very clean. Too bad it's regularly $20/pound. I'll go back to titegroup once this stuff runs out. :(

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
I also use Titegroup and I agree with the comments. Clean and a nice burn.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am really happy with the Titegroup. The first reloading manual I bought was a Hodgdon, so I starting using there powder first and for the most part have been satisfied with them. Hodgdon has a great website.

http://www.hodgdon.com/index.php

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
I will say after some experimenting if Your using titegroup with lead bullets switch to trail boss this stuff fills the case and still runs about what titegroup does for fps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts