Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a longtime M&P fan. I am still an M&P fan, but spent ten weeks in Law Enforcement Skills shooting Glocks, so I learned to not hate them and respect them for what they were.

I figured I should probably have a Glock, since it's still the dominant law enforcement handgun.

Picked up a Gen 4 G19.

... and, I almost hate myself for saying it, it fits my hand REALLY well.

Never thought I'd ever say that about a Glock. :aargh4:

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Go, and sin no more...:hand2:

·
Registered
42,127 Posts
Too many folks complain that the Glock doesn't fit their hands. I look at it as some folks' hands don't fit the Glock. So . . . who's got the problem?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Ahhhh....you were enticed by the "Dark Side" and succomed to its Austrian Polymer Power! Soon it will consume you like a Tenifer finish. (Cue Darth Vader Music...) th.jpg

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Your only sin was not getting a GLOCK earlier in your life.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The GEN4 Glocks have better fitment compared to the old GENs. They don't have as much 2x4 feel anymore. My GEN3 19 doesn't fit me well, but a GEN 4 has a better figment for my large hands when configured with a large backstrap.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Awesome job and well done..... now there are 3 things to do

1) load
2) shoot
3) be happy!

:smile:

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
If you put a Walther P99 in your hand you'd think they tailored it just for you. Yep, it's that confortable.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
You have been assimilated. Resistance is futile. :borg:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Ok, we know that the darkside has cookies, give him his cookies already. :wink:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your only sin was not getting a GLOCK earlier in your life.
Nay, in this I am blameless, for my first two handguns were acquired at the same time... a 1911 and a Gen 2 G19, so none may question my righteousness in this area. :image035:

I always tended to death grip my guns, so the earlier Glocks always felt extremely blocky to me. My instructors this summer taught me to shoot Glocks with a looser 60/40 grip, using my off hand to hold the gun and my strong hand to pull the trigger. This removed most of the ergonomic issues I had with the Gen 3 guns that Alexandria Technical College has.

But Scheels in St. Cloud had a Gen 4 for a good price, and that tiny bit they shaved off the grip circumference and the improved grip texture from the RTF2 and the Gen 3 is nearly perfect.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You have been assimilated. Resistance is futile. :borg:
Resistance is NOT futile. Resistance is voltage divided by current.

Enjoy your new Glock, I carry that particular model a lot of the time as well, when the VBOB needs a break.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like Gen 4 19s. The compact Glocks are the only Glocks where that goofy grip angle and hump actually work to create a relatively comfortable experience. The 26 and 17 are different stories entirely, and always feel awkward compared to equivalent M&Ps.

Replace the extractor, sights, and striker and you've got a very good carry gun.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Congrats on your new gun. Enjoy it. Shoot what you like and what is comfortable. At least you got it because it felt good to you rather than following the crowd ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Dude, your going straight to Hades.

You have transgressed a Cardinal Sin, which can only be absolved by the Holy See himself.

May god have mercy on your soul.

P.S.

Enjoy your newfound treasure!

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I had to attend a human resource diversity training class several years ago......this was one of the side effects. :danceban:

·
Premium Member
8,541 Posts
Tonight, having a few drinks with my neighbors, one asked if I just bought a Glock.

I replied "I don't have a Glock yet."

My wife said, "Notice he said 'yet.'"

It's inevitable.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
:decil3: muah ha ha ha ha . . . welcome to the darkside, the force is strong with you.

Gen 4 19 is fantastic, contemplating buying my 2nd one.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts