Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we finally got a cooler day here and I decided to put on a pair of cargo pants only to find they shrunk a little in my closet (couldn't be that I am a couple pounds heavier. They shrunk I tell you!!).

Instead of taking them back off I decided to go with OWB carry today instead of my normal supertuck or AIWB carry.

On the way to work I noticed I didn't have the top of my slide digging into my side and as I sat in my desk chair I found I could sit all the way back in it and not feel that lump at my 4:00.

It has been about seven months since I OWB carried and will probably finish off the week with this setup. This weekend I will probably go back to IWB since most weekends I am out in the public more than during the week. But for right now I am loving it.

Springfield XD 9 Sub-Compact in a Don Hume OT on a Gould and Goodrich gunbelt.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
You have experienced Seasonal Storage Shrinkage.

It happens to me all the time:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
143,598 Posts
My opinion is that OWB is absolutely the most comfortable way to carry a firearm at the waist.

It sure does take a back seat to IWB carry on this forum though.

I always wonder if all of the people that carry IWB really need to carry IWB as VS OWB. :confused:
Both are equally as concealable if a high quality leather rig and a good gun belt are used.

·
Registered
19 Posts
OWB

I second the comfort of owb. I have had my CWP for about 6 months and I tried 3 different IWB holsters and was never able to experience that" I wore it for 12 hours and forgot it was there" feeling. I finally started wearing some bigger t shirts with a Don Hume H721 O.T. with my 9mm PPS and problem solved. I really did listen to all the members IWB and tried different cants and positions with a cross breed super tuck but to no avail. Like everyone says it takes awhile to find the right set up and also if someone says they don't have a drawer full of holsters they are telling you an Obama.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Here is another thumbs up for the Don Hume 721 - great holster for the price. In Florida, we can wear untucked shirts and appear to be dressed like everyone else. OWB is sweet!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I gave OWB a trial run a few weeks back and it's been great for both comfort and concealment. I'll likely never go back to IWB carry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts