Defensive Carry banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Today I’m back to the LW Cmdr.

I carried the G22 for about 14 hours yesterday, and it was just fine. I can see a rotation between the two on a regular basis:)

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Some of us are brave enough to still have a GAP gun LOL....But it's important to have enough ammo on hand, Just in case.. I picked up 750 rnds of GAP when the guy traded the gun in.....mostly Win Lawman stuff, but the trade also had a bunch of Speer Gold Dots too.... 85.00 for the Lot and 15% off with my discount.....sooo for about 76.00 I got one heck of a deal (the gun was 225.00 OTD too)
Wow, the deals you get! Every time you post one of these it hurts me, but I'm pleased for you.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Some of us are brave enough to still have a GAP gun LOL....But it's important to have enough ammo on hand, Just in case.. I picked up 750 rnds of GAP when the guy traded the gun in.....mostly Win Lawman stuff, but the trade also had a bunch of Speer Gold Dots too.... 85.00 for the Lot and 15% off with my discount.....sooo for about 76.00 I got one heck of a deal (the gun was 225.00 OTD too)
I tried to buy one online as it was too cheap to pass up as well. I know plenty of old guys here who have some odd/ "obsolete" that still get the job done.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I went to my LGS and he wont even take in another 40,since the police went to 9MM
its just dropped off considerably . I own two 40SW pistols myself,no complaints but
resale has been tough.
I think that is due to over saturation on the used market than the actual dying of the cartridge.

Sure, right now the darling of the cartridge world is the 9mm due to a lot of other factors too, such as technology that has allowed for smaller guns that rival the 380. And of course there is the LE exit from the cartridge, which is doing nothing but following the FBI switch.

And people being most followers of trends also hop on the ship.

For sure the cost and low recoil of the 9mm have certainly contributed.

But I don’t think the 40 will ever fade away. I believe this is just another trend. I think that for those individuals who like a balance of power and capacity will keep it going. Cartridge for cartridge, the 40 is so much better than the 9mm as an all purpose cartridge.

Personally, I’ll take advantage of good deals on the 40’s as I find them.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I haven't shot my Gen 3 G22 in a while. Might have to break it and the Sig 226 out and see which on I like best. I know the I have used the 226 a lot more.

When comparing a LW 1911 to a Glock, I find the 1911 easier to conceal.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
It is even more fun suppressed. We think of 40 S&W as hot and snappy, but shooting suppressed makes it even more fun since it is naturally a subsonic caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There is nothing subsonic about any round I carry in my 40s, I even want the 180s I use to be at or near 1100 fps :image035:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts