Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up a used ruger mk2 target model today. it looked out of place in the display surrounded by s&ws, colts, springers,etc., so i brought it home.
i took it out back with some home invading soda cans i've captured recently and proceeded to pass sentence on the cans.
i'd forgotten how much fun it can be to just let fly at those cans without worrying about grouping, speed, reloads, etc.
i'm NOT going to forget again.:haha:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Know exactly what you mean.... every once in awhile my son gets tired of my routine and we take to the woods with 22 auto rifles and kill hills. Seems to charge the batteries up real well!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Now try and find a dump or a hog farm where ya can shoot rats with that bad boy if your speaking to forgotten fun lol

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Even better is when you realize how much grin can be had, just with one brick of ammo!! That is cheap entertainment.

One luxury tho - have someone with you as mag' loader, cos they empty awful quick eh! :wink:

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
That's one thing I miss. There is just no place near me where it's legal to "plink". I used to have a place out back of the house, but about 5 years ago a development appeared, and now my plinking area is someone's living-room!:frown:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
rstickle said:
That's one thing I miss. There is just no place near me where it's legal to "plink". I used to have a place out back of the house, but about 5 years ago a development appeared, and now my plinking area is someone's living-room!:frown:
Well thats ok just make sure they change targets everynow and then

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
p95carry... i'm gonna get on bruce's bad list for this, but loading the .22's is MUCH easier than the .45's.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Easier?

Well maybe but I am still way more aware that 10 in the .22 is approx 16c whereas 7 in the 1911 for example is $1.35 or so!!! :wink:

I'll still be glad to have a mag' loader - for both :smilez:

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts

Cheap $$$ And Major Fun Factor.

Still one of my favorite calibers.:yup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts