Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
If you're talking about the TUI, I tried a box of them in my G42. I had a lot of failures, but that gun was less than 100% reliable in any case.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
@dawei

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have seen reviews on line (I Know).
However it didn't look like they tumbled and they did over penatrate.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Ive done research on it, and seen lots of it on Youtube. Of course, its only in spurts when they pay off all the Youtubers at the same time to do videos on it. It isnt something Id ever be interested in.

In 38spl, theres plenty of other good rounds that have decades of proven performance.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
I hate to be critical of folks trying to skin the suckers....but, I have this lasting image in my mind...

Seriously. There are a lot of people who can recommend proven defensive loads for the .38 Special. As is true of almost all of my defensive guns, I like Federal HST's.

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
I would stick to a proven SD round like HST, Gold Dot, PDX or Golden Saber and leave the snake oil loads for the beta testers! Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not all ammo is hype some are just using physics to improve ammo. I like Lehigh Defense xtreme defenders. They use fluid dynamics to cut bigger holes in tissue.

-Here's a good example of a professional youtuber changing his mind after running several tests. And he hated xtreme defender. Ahttps://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/05/04/lehighs-magical-flutes-could-i-have-been-wrong/

I hope this helps but like all ammo it's important to test it in your gun before swearing on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts