Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you have probably noticed that the forum is going through some design changes. I have added a number of upgrades that will give the Moderators and I more information and abilities to manage the site. With all of the new members (which we very much appreciate) our workload is increasing. Some of the improvements you can see: Color-keyed legend in the "Who's Online" area, "sticky posts" have been separated from normal posts, the important announcement area at the top of each page, a second navigation bar with links to our Links and Gallery, "New Users Today" counter at bottom of front page, search bots and spiders now show up in the "Who's Online". There's some more I won't bore you with since they only apply to staff.

One thing you may want to do is to go into your profile and fill in the "Carry" field with your current carry gun. That information will then show up in the postbit area (where your name, rank, city/state and number of posts are). I would encourage you to add your city and/or state while you are in there. At some point that will be a required field.

You will also notice that the colors have changed a bit after consulting with a forum style designer. The colors are quite a bit warmer over the stock vBulletin style. I will probably be tweaking these colors over the next several weeks until they are "right", so don't be surprised if you see some odd combinations for a while. Hopefully you will all like the changes but we realize we can't satisfy everyone and hope you do, too.

Later today I will be taking the system down for about an hour for maintenance and backup. If you find the system down, keep trying.

·
Registered
813 Posts
nice improvements all around...change is good

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, I've been moving everyone's cheese all over the place today.... :wink:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I know the changes have caught a few folks ''off guard'' :wink: but I do think the overall impression will be one of ''easier on the eyes'' - softer, warmer colors instead of stark white - nice :smilez:

·
Super Moderator
22,004 Posts
I like it. :hand10:

·
Super Moderator
23,584 Posts
Very nice, very user friendly changes! Thanks to all who put in this tremendous effort to make CC great! I especially the new and improved and RED "Bumper"!

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Bumper said:
Yup, I've been moving everyone's cheese all over the place today.... :wink:
Crud, now I need to lace up my shoes... :lmao:

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I combined the two threads concerning forum changes. Glad you all like it! :smile:

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Changes

Bumper Is Working Over Overtime! :yup:

Changes thus far have been very "common sense" nice.

I LIKE the yellow text boxes a lot.

Kudos!

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, QK, I am about to give out for now. Been at this since 11:30 this morning. More to come later.... :tired:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks for your efforts, it's really appreciated. Especially the "carry" field. However, I'll be the dissenter on the design change. I liked the white boxes better. It looked... I dunno... cleaner. I felt like it somehow encouraged good behavior.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I like the new color, much easier on the eyes

ibex said:
I liked the white boxes better. It looked... I dunno... cleaner. I felt like it somehow encouraged good behavior.
If white promotes good behavior, what does that say about those of us that hang-out over at TPI (they have a black background)? :image035:

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Been away from the forums for a few days, changes were a pleasant surprise.

I like it!:image035:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.