Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
san antone rr said:
Thanks. I'll shut up now.:rolleyes:
LOL, continue to turn in things that operate differently. vBulletin id some crazy things in the release of the software. When I was researching them making you click on a post icon before the Quick Reply was available someone kept asking the question with none of the tech guys really answering why it was that way. Finally the guy figure it out and posted the answer. They had added the feature intentionally and strongly recommended that you not change it. They thought it was a really big deal. I changed it.... :ticking:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Hate to mention but - just had another post submit hang - only to get the ''dupe message'' after a second try. Hard to know what is causing it because it is not consistent! :cuss:

·
Premium Member
20,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah, Chris, I have noticed it off and on but it's not consistant like it was. I am really starting to suspect some type of intense server activity. When I was on real late last night I was having no problems, whatsoever.

Right now I am tweaking my robots.txt to throttle back Yahoo's Slurp which has been pounding us lately. We did have them bombard us with over 450 bots at one time that locked us up almost completely. I have them restricted to 30 right now and may take them down some more....

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm getting the hang up problem you describe. Glad to know it's not just me (well, I'm not really glad, but you get the idea). :embarassed:

·
Super Moderator
24,841 Posts
Problem SOLVED! Thank you, Great Server Guy in the sky!! :congrats: Ignore question below. :embarassed:

Sorry to ask the mundane, but I couldn't find any previous info or posts on smilies - they've quit working for me since the upgrade (sad face).
Otherwise, CC seems to be running well, and additions are nice. I know you've all put in tons of effort on this - thank you!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Dunno if this is just me, but I thought I'd ask.

The text formatting buttons are not functioning at all when I reply and quick replay - you know the BOLD ITALICS, and UNDERLINE buttons? Just thought I'd let someone know.

·
Registered
275 Posts
ok for some reason after I made a few posts.....the one above this being the last - it started working....nevermind!

·
Premium Member
20,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
d2thomas said:
ok for some reason after I made a few posts.....the one above this being the last - it started working....nevermind!
See how quick we respond when you report a problem? :ahhhhh:

Regarding smilies, check the first post for an explanation of the smilies. We still have over 1000 even though I deleted about 200 or so duplicates and corrupted smilies. Click the [More] button in the advanced reply window for even more smilies....:smile:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Bumper.
Hang in there. find the cause of intermitent problems, let alone solving them, is a major feat. It just takes time.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I noticed the post "hang" issue a few days ago but haven't posted since, so I don't know if it is still a problem (but I will in about a minute).

I've noticed that when I first come to the forum that the Nav bar (not sure that's the right term) doesn't have "Forum Home" displayed any more. I have to go to "User CP" in order to get to the "home" page.

The content of the forum, however, remains top shelf, as always.

SSKC

·
Premium Member
20,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
SSKC said:
I've noticed that when I first come to the forum that the Nav bar (not sure that's the right term) doesn't have "Forum Home" displayed any more. I have to go to "User CP" in order to get to the "home" page.
Yeah, I had to trash the original navigation bar. It was the source of a lot of our problems, evidently. It was not compatible with the new version.

The content of the forum, however, remains top shelf, as always.

SSKC
Thanks, that's because of all of the great members we have! :smile:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a weird issue. It does this from multiple computers (3 that I've tried). I type in http://www.combatcarry.com on the address bar, hit enter, and it redirects me to http://www.combatcarry.com/profile.php where it says "page cannot be found". If I edit out the "/profile.php" and try again, it works the second time.

That gets me to the main screen, and from there I have to use the link hidden way down on the bottom to get into the forum. Sure makes it hard, I doubt a newbie would take the trouble...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.