Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to recommend a digg.com style for forums.

Many threads become too long to reasonably read through all pages which means there are frequent repeats of the same basic comment. Sometimes a person made a comment that is spot on and I want to back up their post. If there are ten pages after their comment, adding my comment to the end supporting their comment isn't really accomplishing much. Having a thumbs up/down type feature enables to to do this without the need to post a comment which only lengthens the thread making it that much more unreadable.

Similarly, the ability to have sub posts that are connected to to individual comments would allow more of a conversation. If I see a comment on page one that I really want to add to but my comment will show up ten pages later then there really isn't viable conversation going on.

I really enjoy the site. I think that these additions would make the site that much more valuable. Thanks guys and keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
I am not familiar with "digg.com style" but checked it out. I'm not sure how that format would apply to a forum. But, I guess the answer is that vBulletin is not structured to function like digg does and, off the top of my head, I don't know of a forum software product that does.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
No thumbs up, but if you like the Digg style, you can try to view the threads under "threaded" instead of "linear". In your CP, under "edit options", go to thread style and make that change. The comments are stacked closer that way.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No thumbs up, but if you like the Digg style, you can try to view the threads under "threaded" instead of "linear". In your CP, under "edit options", go to thread style and make that change. The comments are stacked closer that way.
Thanks, I hadn't played around with those options. I'll check them out and see what works for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.