Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are about to undergo an upgrade to the vBulletin sript, upon which this forum runs. I am planning on doing this today, December 8, 2005. The time is still a bit up in the air but my plan is to start it within a couple of hours of this post. The forum will be down during this time, which is expected to be between 4 and 8 hours.

When we come back up, there will be a number of features missing until I get the time to upgrade them as well. The base URL portal, the Gallery and the Links area will be upgraded/re-installed over the next several days. When we come back up we may also look a bit "different" as I am not sure that our current template is fully compatible with this release of vBulletin. I believe it is, but cannot be sure until after the install.

This upgrade is necessary for us to be as secure as possible and to remain so as new security patches become available. There are also a number of bugs that I hope will be resolved in the new version. Any problems noted after we come back up should be reported in this thread.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hopefully the template will transfer Ok - main prob seems to be with folks who have engineered a lot of hacks.

Good luck with it - and I guess we will have to (somehow!) exist in a temporary vacuum! See you tomorrow guys, all being well.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have resisted hacks except for the additions I mentioned. Those are a pain because they all require changes to the base code (hacks) and have to be installed manually for the most part.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hope the upgrades go well. You run a hell of a forum, so these can only be good upgrades.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like all is working pretty well with the upgrade. I haven't done the final backup of the database so I will probably take the site down for about 15 minutes late tonight, but I am still trying to get some final changes made before doing it.

Please let me know if you have any problems or notice anything operating strangely. :smile:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Randy - good on ya Sir - it's a hairy and stressful business doing upgrades - never know what will happen!

Looks good so far and we will report back any oddities as and if we see them.

Thank you :smile:

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It appears that the problem we were having last week is back with the delay in postings. :redface:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
yes it just started and has tripped over to the pm's now to i was waiting for one to send and Chris had all ready responced and it never showed it sent

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Woo-Hoo, WTG Bumper! :notworthy: I tried signing on during the down time tonight ... it was like internet crack withdrawl. Thank Gawd I had a little Hoppes No. 9 to sniff or I would've had to go cold turkey. :biggrin:
Jack

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Jack - steady on that #9 :trytofly: LOL!

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
maclean3 said:
Thank Gawd I had a little Hoppes No. 9 to sniff or I would've had to go cold turkey. :biggrin:
Jack
Ahhhhhhh, Hoppes No. 9:smirk:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.