Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been awhile since I've seen anything but bare shelves and bolt action rifles at Wal Mart, so imagine my surprise when I stopped by sporting goods today and things had changed. Colt and Sig .223/5.56 AR's, lots of 9mm fmj, .223 & 5.56, and lots of other calibers on hand. No .22 of any kind, and the guy ahead of me bought the last three boxes of .45 :(. Was glad to see things improving!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Dry here too. I'm envious!

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Did you happen to notice the price on the Colt ARs? (assuming they were 6920s)
Just wondering if they took a jump (big or otherwise) with the high demand out there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I saw 223 and 45 still on the shelf at 8pm at my local Wallmart. I thought about buying it and trading with my brother in law for 9mm. However, I figured I would leave it for the next guy and make his day. I still have not found 9mm or 22 lr. I did pick up 300 rds of 9mm at a major sporting good store today and it was not at the crack of dawn. It was in the middle of the day. It's starting to get better

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Been checking 3 of them here every other day for weeks and still nothing...

·
Registered
407 Posts
nice.. i need an AR or AK badly. all my guns are short- medium range need something with a bit more range ability. i have plenty of ammo for what i have but i wont get caught without a " dangerous killer massacre devil battlefield assault rifle" ever again.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Definitely getting better here as well - 9mm, .45, and .223 are available in the morning from time to time. They used to be completely gone by midnight. But I still can't find bulk .22LR anywhere. Whodathunk I'd ever run out of that?

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Our Wally-Worlds have: .30-06, .300 WinMag, 7mm Mag, .270, and bird shot. Nothing for handguns or popular 'sporting rifle' calibers. I hear rumors that they actually do get some from time to time, but sell out within minutes. Fortunately, my LGS has started to get a little ammo in the last week or so.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Does anyone else find it as disturbing as I do that even the largest retailer in the world can't get a decent supply of ammunition?

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
All we got is 12 ga game loads and some 20 ga "gun club" nothing for rifle or handgun. But there is lots of it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does anyone else find it as disturbing as I do that even the largest retailer in the world can't get a decent supply of ammunition?
My guess is, they get a 'decent' supply, but have to spread it out over Lord knows how many stores. Whether or not they pick and choose which stores or regions get more ammo than others, I don't know. Good question though.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
It's been erratic but I have seen both. As I walked into the sporting goods area about 3-wks ago ah lady was buying ah Colt AR. Ammo trickles in and if your not there by noon what-ever came in that night is . . . . . . gone :smoke23:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts