·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On a side note......buy silver/gold NOW!!

But I digress.....

Reactions: Tzadik

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone use this brand before? Never used aluminiun cased with teflon coating on bullets before. Doesn't really matter. Got 250 rounds of .40 heading my way. Guess I will get an up close and personal evaluation.

Regards,

Gary

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone use this brand before? Never used aluminiun cased with teflon coating on bullets before. Doesn't really matter. Got 250 rounds of .40 heading my way. Guess I will get an up close and personal evaluation.

Regards,

Gary
I have not, but based on the reviews, it should be fine. Will find out in 5-7 business days... ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
6,583 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Teflon???
I saw that too...

I got this from Wikipedia, so it may or may not be accurate. If you're living in these states, be careful.

The federal ban on armor-piercing pistol ammunition uses only the composition of the bullet's core to determine legality.[4] However, many individual states have legislation restricting various kinds of coating materials. For example:

North Carolina state law specifically forbids persons in that state to "import, manufacture, possess, store, transport, sell, offer to sell, purchase, offer to purchase, deliver or give to another, or acquire any Teflon-coated bullet". [5]

Teflon-coated bullets are illegal in Oklahoma under some circumstances.

Oregon state law forbids the "[possession of] any handgun ammunition, the bullet or projectile of which is coated with Teflon" while committing or intending to commit a felony.[6]

South Carolina state law specifically bans "ammunition or shells that are coated with polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon)".[7]

Virginia state law specifically bans "bullets, projectiles or other types of ammunition that are: coated with or contain, in whole or in part, polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon) or a similar product" while committing or attempting to commit a crime.[8]

EDIT: It looks like they're nylon coated and not teflon. That makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Premium Member
6,583 Posts
...If you're living in these states, be careful.

The federal ban on armor-piercing pistol ammunition uses only the composition of the bullet's core to determine legality.[4] However, many individual states have legislation restricting various kinds of coating materials. For example:

North Carolina state law specifically forbids persons in that state to "import, manufacture, possess, store, transport, sell, offer to sell, purchase, offer to purchase, deliver or give to another, or acquire any Teflon-coated bullet". [5]

Teflon-coated bullets are illegal in Oklahoma under some circumstances.

Oregon state law forbids the "[possession of] any handgun ammunition, the bullet or projectile of which is coated with Teflon" while committing or intending to commit a felony.[6]

South Carolina state law specifically bans "ammunition or shells that are coated with polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon)".[7]

Virginia state law specifically bans "bullets, projectiles or other types of ammunition that are: coated with or contain, in whole or in part, polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon) or a similar product" while committing or attempting to commit a crime.[8][/I]
Yep! Typical intellectual politicians at work. Ban teflon coatings because they think they make the bullets armor-piercing rather than just protecting the bore.

Wait a minute - Isn't it already illegal to do ANYTHING while committing a crime?

EDIT: It looks like they're nylon coated and not teflon. That makes a huge difference.
Yep - That was why I questioned it in the first place.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts