Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a legislative alert on this from the NRA-ILA today on pending legislation, as most of you probably did and I sent my senators emails on it. I've also read some new articles on it, but I was still shocked to see the landing page on ruger.com today. It was more specific than anything else I've seen:

takeAction.jpg

If that's true, it's pretty scary. Although what I've read indicates the more extreme stuff has no chance in the House.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Let's hope that is due to their servers being flooded by folks like us.
I despise the thought that they possibly could be engineering this.

But then, in this spiteful climate, most anything's possible. And I can't imagine anyone would think we'd ever find out about it. It's not as though a FOIA request would be fulfilled, showing who and how.

What a world we're allowing to be pulled around our ears ... "tin foil" wrapped or not.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
We need to pass them to see what's in them...
If it's newly-crafted garbage, I don't doubt you.

Which itself ought to be a crime against the Constitution.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
the Republicans have 2 bills and the Dems have 2...both refuse to support each other's. FAIL.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Sponsors of the bills should be immediately removed from office. Barred from public service for life. Charged with subversion and investigated for treason. Enough of this. Enough.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
In all the bills that close the alleged gun show loophole, I've never seen any info as to how they plane to enforce it, or BGC's for private sales. But both get mentioned an awful lot. You would think the left would be all about pitching a national gun registry.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
In all the bills that close the alleged gun show loophole, I've never seen any info as to how they plane to enforce it, or BGC's for private sales.
Of course, it's only the predators' acquisition of tools that's the impending threat.

But the vast majority of ones they can find happen to be those of the upstanding. And so, they criminalize and infringe upon those transactions, despite those not being the threat.

It's all smoke and mirrors, a shell game, toying with fantasy and calling it "law" as though folks cannot see what's going on. It's treasonous liberty destruction, right before our eyes. And most won't ever see it that way. The Kool-Aid's become endemic in most everyone's consumption of media and citizenship, to the point it's all seen through rose-colored lenses.

:puke:

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
update on vote: all four measures defeated ... for now

As of this evening: Senate rejects 4 gun-control measures / A divided Senate answers Orlando with gridlock on gun curbs -- Associated Press, @ Yahoo.com/news

WASHINGTON (AP) – A divided Senate blocked rival election-year plans to curb guns on Monday ... In largely party-line votes, rejected were one proposal from each side to keep extremists from acquiring guns and another shoring up the government's existing system of required background checks for many firearms purchases.

... each measure fell short of the 60 votes needed to progress. Democrats called the GOP proposals unacceptably weak while Republicans said the Democratic plans were overly restrictive.

Of course, every one of the destroyers is out there.

Time to get the list of congress critters who voted "for" the things, and burn up the phones and mail in ensuring our hired staff knows which way the wind's blowing. Remind them of their constitutional duty and sworn oath to protect/defend and not defile.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Harry Reid is up there right now whining about how "they are doing their job".....another crisis wasted.....meanwhile Barry & Loretta are trying to scrub Islam off the Orlando attack.....#completeidiots

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Good I like grid lock . When comes to trying to take or restrict our guns .

Lets stop importing all these people with out back ground checks That O bringing in .Also how about more Christian being brought in than Muslims. Their ones dying over their

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
No background checks are required for anyone buying guns privately online or at gun shows
From the article.. These idiots have to know by now this has evolved into willful manipulative deceit.
This isn't over, sit back and watch the show folks. The script is already written. Be mindful of the actors that emerge. One in particular an R from the NE.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
I realize that there are some common sense things that could be done to improve gun laws but it is just too risky. I say leave the gun laws the way they are and let those of us with enough common sense to see what is happening with society arm ourselves. The people with their heads in the sand or in denial about the dangers around us will slowly disappear.

Nature has a way of righting things over time.

Reactions: gatorbait51
1 - 20 of 66 Posts