Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S&W M&P 15 22lr rifle. I would like to know if anyone has used this brand of 22lr. I don't know about the quality of it since it is made in Mexico. I have used Freedom ammo for my 9 and 40, with no problems

"Long rifle hyper velocity Super CI 22 long rifle cartridges. Rimfire cartridges made by CI of Mexico. Non-corosive priming, smokeless powder and anti-leading lubrication. Copper plated bullets"

Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
They have two plants one in odaho and one somewhere else. But I use nothing but there ammo 22, 9, and 40 and I have never had a problem. 22 will always have problems just cause it's 22. But I have had the same problems with all companies. But you will like there ammo.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
CI ammo is not a Freedom Muntions brand . There only an outlet for them like many others . Mexican company Cascade International - CI and is a joint venture with Cascade Cartridge International - CCI that goes back to 1959 in mexico .

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CI ammo is not a Freedom Muntions brand . There only an outlet for them like many others . Mexican company Cascade International - CI and is a joint venture with Cascade Cartridge International - CCI that goes back to 1959 in mexico .
My owner manual says not to use CCI ammo, so if this is a joint venture, should I consider the CI ammo are made to the same standards as CCI?

·
Registered
288 Posts
15-22 will eat any ammo you feed it short of "quiet" and powderless stuff. Any SV or HV should cycle fine. I don't use hyper velocity cause it beats up semi autos IMO and is less accurate.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
rearnold Manual say not to use CCI STINGER in the Performance Center Model That is do to the match chamber used in the PC model Note that stinger brass is longer than regular LR brass .

WARNING: NEVER USE CCI® .22 LONG RIFLE STINGER®
BRAND AMMUNITION IN YOUR M&P15-22 PERFORMANCE
CENTER MODEL RIFLE.

The normal 15-22 rifle ammo info -

CCI® Stinger® brand ammunition can be used in M&P 15-22
Standard Model Rifles (which do not have “Performance Center”
below the ejection port as shown in FIGURE 1a).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts