Defensive Carry banner

From 3 inches low left to on center with one little adjustment

754 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  AzQkr 
#1 ·
Some may remember last year when i first joined me posting target pics where i was having trouble with low left groups (tennis ball sized groups usually around 3 inches low left of center)
I tried the usual suspects (finger placement, trigger squeeze etc) with little luck :aargh4:

Fast forward through hunting season to yesterday, My first trip back to the indoor range for some "serious" practice, SAME STORY LOW LEFT consistently.
I noticed my buddy, who also shoots right handed) puts his left thumb over right, unlike how i do(did) and was taught.
I swapped over and just like that my groupings came up and right, tennis ball sized around the bulls-eye

See less See more
#2 ·
It's referred to as thumbs locked down. Thumb nail to thumb nail, the support thumb on the gun hand thumb. Very common way of two handed shooting. Glad you found the improvement.,

#6 ·
I was actually amazed LOL
It was getting very frustrating trying to correct my unknown issue and seemingly this isn't a common one.
It feels kinda weird and unnatural but i'm confident when i get the repitition down i'll be much happier with my results.

#14 ·
I notice the new grip you're happy with is still quasi cup and saucer. You should get with someone who can show you the proper way for thumbs locked down. That left hand trigger finger should be nestled up tight under the trigger guard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.