Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Nice forum! I didn't know it existed till I was led here by a thread over on www.xdtalk.com about concealed carry in churches. I'm a seminary student in Minnesota, husband of one, father of two. I have, carry and love a Springfield XD-40 (service model, duracoated slide, XS 24/7 standard dot sights, custom cut pachmayr pac-skin grip). My wife has a Sig P232 and one of these days will get her CCW permit (she's all for it, just questions the practicality of it because most places she goes have "BG's Welcome" signs posted).

I'm 31, I hunt, I fish, I have two dogs--a Brittany that I adore, and a Cavalier King Charles that wants to get dead (if he wasn't so cute he'd have made it into a stew by now). Being in school I have the summer off (kicks butt) and it leaves me with not enough time to get a real job so there's no extra cash to spend. My wife is a nurse and brings home what bacon the local hospital has to offer. I was an electrical engineer in Massachusetts (living in Rhode Island) up until a year ago when I heard the call to ministry. Despite the significantly lower household income we're much happier...but I'm having "growing pains" with the whole "stay-at-home dad" thing.

That's a whole lot more than most people will read, but at least I won't be accused of being too secretive.

Keep it secret, keep it safe. :wink:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Good to have you aboard -

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Demanding profession, but very rewarding if done for the right reasons. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Welcome! :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome - :smile:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Welcome, thanks for joining. We need all the religion we can get around here.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welcome from Idaho

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. If you haven't already drop by the "Calling All Preacher" thread in the Member Meeting Place forum and tell us about yourself.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Welcome, sjp2452 :hand36:

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
A most awesome profession when following for the right reasons. A Rocky Top Tennessee welcome to you.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
welcome to the show!
step inside -- step inside....
have fun.....

·
Super Moderator