Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my son (6yo) and I were at a shopping center to run an errand for my wife. In front, there is a large metal sign - "No Weapons Allowed" - a picture of a handgun with a slash mark through it. Now, normally I wouldn't go near such places. However, as the wife asks, I do.

Anyway, my son is well aware that I carry. So it was not a shocker for him to see me get out and disarm. However this time he asks. "Dad, why are you leaving that in the truck?".

I say, "Well, they have a sign right there that says Daddy can't carry this inside and here, that makes it illegal."

Then, he looks me squarely in the eyes and says, "Well what are they gonna do to protect us?"

I nearly wept...."That is a fine question Son."

"We shouldn't go to these places. What if there's a bad guy? What could we do?"

His insight never ceases to amaze me.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
*sniff*

Atta boy.

Reactions: carracer

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You must be very proud. I got a feeling you will be posting more on this kid in the future.
That's a fact. He asks a lot about my guns when I'm cycling mags or cleaning them. I use that as an opportunity for a safety lesson and to discuss the general responsibility of owning firearms. He just eats it up. I can't wait for him to get a little older...I'm raisin' me a shootin' buddy!;)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Sounds like you're raising him right. Keep doing what you're doing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
To bad the politicians don't have his reasoning abilities.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Your son possesses a quality that is in short supply these days....common sense. I tip my hat to you for raising a fine young man.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
One smart young man!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
See if you were an anti-gun tard you would tell him because it is a gun free zone it has to be safe and he has nothing to worry about

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
My second oldest stopped at walmart the other day an low an behold found some nines. He got me a couple of boxes and dropped them off an he actually said you can pay me later. I responded with just take it off the 472,000 tab he had been running the last 30 years. He smiled an drove away.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
617 Posts
I really like this on two points:

1. You're teaching your son to be a law-abiding citizen
2. You're teaching him to think logically, and to become a responsible citizen

BTW your son rocks too!!!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
That boy has some first-class parents. I'm sure you are very proud of him. A salute to you all.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Son of Nebrask12 for president!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love to see that type of sign in Texas because I can ignore it. If it's not a place that I really have to do business with then I leave a "No Guns=No Money" business card and leave.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Ahh, don't worry too much.

A couple of years at your friendly neighborhood youth indoctrination center(public school) and they'll have him thinking along side the "masses" once again.

Home school him or put him in a private school.

Glad he's paying attention so early on in life.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Ahh, don't worry too much.

A couple of years at your friendly neighborhood youth indoctrination center(public school) and they'll have him thinking along side the "masses" once again.

Home school him or put him in a private school.

Glad he's paying attention so early on in life.
Private schools are great for a lot of reasons but the teachers can be just as liberal there than at public schools.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts