Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried several methods of carring. Though not obese, I am a big guy. Holsters, both inside or outside carry, just are not that comfortabe for me. Also, I much prefer t-shirts to layering. I want to try front pocket carring. I have a PPK, PPS, and a G-27, all of which are either bulky, heavy or both. I really didn't want to go smaller than a 380. but will consider it. What would you suggest? My goal is to find the perfect front pocket gun, no holster, won't pull you pants down and not so bulky that others will notice. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a Ruger LCP in an Uncle Mike's front pocket holster and love this setup. It is comfortable, doesn't print and easily accessible...

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I use a Diamondback .380 as a BUG and use a High Noon Mr. Softy IWB most of the time. That said there are times when I throw it in a High Noon Pocket Grabber in the front pocket and it works well in a loose cut of pants. :image035::urla9ub:

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
I carry an LCP in my front right pocket. It is one of the most easily pocket carried guns available. But, I highly recommend using a holster. I have two RKBA leather holsters that I use consistently.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Uncle Mike pocket holster and a [email protected] 642 revolver. It just works for me. I too have trouble carrying my glock.

·
Registered
66 Posts
RKBA here too for my P238. The combo works great in the front pocket :smile:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
The trick is to go FLAT and LIGHT.

The Glock ain't gonna work, sorry, too thick.

I pocket a Kel-Tec P32, but the P3AT, LCP, the P380, PM9 are also good candidates.

The best pocket holster I've found is the DeSantis Nemesis.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I front pocket carry a DB .380 with an Elite pocket holster. I prefer my DB in an inside the waistband holster also made by Elite.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
The most difficulty I've had with front pocket carry is that it is a really bad idea to slip the car keys in the same pocket-- something which is natural to do. Next thing that is important is to make sure the holster will stay put. Use velcro, sticky tape, diaper pin, whatever works.

Third issue, important or not depending on your most likely bad hair day scenario, you can't draw when seated in a car with the seat belt on.

Solution, one in rt front pocket and one in ankle holster on left leg.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Kel Tec PF9 in a BlackHawk #4 pocket holster. Literally disappears!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I carry an LCP or a S&W 649 357 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. The 357 is a little heavy but not so much as to not carry.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use a fist #5 kydex for my PM9. Locks nice and tight on the gun, add no thickness and has a thumb push to make sure the holster stays in your pocket. I wouldn't front pocket carry without a holster.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Another Sig P238 fan here. :hand10: Best pocket option for my carry needs. Only sightly larger than the LCP, but will run the hotter rounds without a problem. I also pocket carry my PPK with the flush mag floor plate. Again only slightly larger than the Sig and equal in the performance factor as far as I'm concerned, both of these are top tier pocket options IMB. I have the DB and the LCP as well but ultimately prefer the Sig for the BUG pocket role.

Good luck :bier:

·
Banned
58 Posts
I front pocket carry a Ruger LCR revolver in a Mika round bottom holster. The holster has material that keeps the holster in the pocket when the gun is drawn. When at home for the day and I am taking the gun and holster out of my pocket it is almost impossible to take the holster out with the gun.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I've tried several methods of carring. Though not obese, I am a big guy. Holsters, both inside or outside carry, just are not that comfortabe for me. Also, I much prefer t-shirts to layering. I want to try front pocket carring. I have a PPK, PPS, and a G-27, all of which are either bulky, heavy or both. I really didn't want to go smaller than a 380. but will consider it. What would you suggest? My goal is to find the perfect front pocket gun, no holster, won't pull you pants down and not so bulky that others will notice. Thanks
1. Don't pocket carry without a holster - it's neither safe nor tactically smart.

2. Unless you work as a Fashion Model you CAN dress around your gun.

3. Doesn't matter how "perfect" your gun is if it won't stop the BG.

:wave:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I appreciate all the thoughts. Now if I can only decipher what was said, I'll be in business. All the acronyms I'm not familar with can throw a newby off. If I were to carry front pocket withpot a holsier; the gun would be the ONLY thing in the pocket...no keys to cause problems. I'm probably try to make the PPK wwork. The PPS, being a singlre stack 9, might work with the right holster. So far I have not located a decent front pocket holster for the PPS. Please, kepe the suggestions coming alone with sites I can check out..THANKS

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Personally, I use the KelTec P-3AT for a pocket gun. However, the problem with a pocket gun is that they have a tendency to tip in the pocket or come out of the pocket with the holster...not safe.
A KelTec P-3AT in this works just fine. http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/5.htm

1 - 20 of 56 Posts