Defensive Carry banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
I carry my P3AT w/CT in one of my Rough Wallets about 80% of the time in back pocket.
I carry my 442 w/CT in one of my Rough Outs about 15% of the time in the front pants/shorts pocket or coat pocket.
I carry my PF9 in one of my Rough Outs about 5% of the time in the front pocket of shorts or coat pocket.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I carry my PM45 or CW9 in a front pants or inside jacket pocket with an Uncle Mike's #4 most of the time in the summer.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yes, indeed.
I have a Sig 238 that I think is perfect. A bit smaller is the Ruger LCP. Smaller yet is the very pricey Seecamp.
I don't like the Desantis nemesis because it doesn't cover the safety on my 238.

All those who pocket carry anything larger.........I don't know how you do it. I love my Kahr PM-9, but pocket? No thanks.
Here's the other problem. Everything you used to carry in that pocket will now have to go in your other pocket. It's not a perfect solution.

OBTW: Sig's web site claims the thickness of the P-238 is 1.1". It's not. It's about .75" I have no idea where they got the figure they post. I measured it.
At the safety I would guess.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I front carry a beretta bobcat in .22 lr. I have 8 shots and its accurate as hell. I feel its sufficient for my needs.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Here's another vote for a .38+p internal hammer revolver like a S&W J frame 642/442 or a similar Taurus. I find that the rounded shape of the snubbie blends into the natural shape of the leg a little more than a small semiauto. A good pocket holster will blend the shape even more (not that I know the difference--I NEVER carry without a pocket holster, even the 642 with the long DA trigger). Also, the pocket is not the most hospitable place for a small semiauto due to lint, etc. A little snubbie doesn't care about all that stuff.

J Frame or similar is perfect for your intended purpose.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I've got a lot of carry options, but the only one I will carry in my front pocket is my new S&W 442... that's the main reason for the new purchase... works very nicely in a Galco pocket holster.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Repeat after me,

I am a man, I no not wish to shoot myself, I pocket carry with a holster.

I am a man, I do not wish to shoot myself, I pocket carry with a holster.

I am a man, I do not wish to shoot myself...

Seriously, use a holster, and it should be the only thing in that pocket. Over time, I have pocket carried a J frame, a PPK, a PPK/s, a Sig P232, a Ruger LCP, a Walther PPS, and probably another couple I can't remember. The easiest to carry is the Ruger LCP. It is also the hardest one to draw quickly.

The PPK, besides having relability issues, was a touch on the heavy side.

The J frame in a Safariland pocket holster was the fastest to draw and fire. Much faster than the others.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I agree with retsupt I carry a p3-at in my front pocket with a sideguard rough out holster(link is at the top of the page) I love the set up, it is light, easy to conceal, you can go all day and forget that it is there.

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
I carry a PPS with cargo pants/shorts and my homemade kydex holster. Seems to work well enough.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i carry a kel tec pf9(the most)or the kel tec p3at in a desantis superfly in my shorts or pants right cargo pocket! i used to carry in front top pocket but really hard to get to sitting down! so there fore i only have shorts and pants that have cargo pockets cause no matter how i am sitting or standing i can get to it quick! just food for thought you have to be able t oget to the gun and i am not a fan of ankle holsters in my line of work, so the cargo is my preferred choice! stay safe

·
Registered
829 Posts
I carry a Kel tec P32 (32 acp) in strong side pocket in a homemade leather holster... I woudln't advise carrying any gun without a holster and this gun is my back up gun (BUG). I do go out with it by itself once in a while when something else just isn't possible but that is as rare as I can make it... the front pocket is ONLY accessible when standing and is much slower than IWB.

I would give IWB another try... different positions and see what may work... also you could add as was mentioned the ankle, I prefer Jfame on the ankel but that pps / ppk would probably work good, get a decent ankle holster with cam type strap and calf strap too.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I carried a Sig 238 For almost an entire year and came to the realization that my Ruger LCR (weighing only 13.5 oz) was just as easy to pocket carry And I believe the 38 to be a bit more effective. To me pocket carry is a great choice; the only time it’s difficult to draw is from a seated position.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I found that the angle of the pocket determines if I can carry in my front pockets. I have ditches the jeans and went duct cloth work pants or trousers with the angle opening.

I can carry my G42 or j frame in an Alabama Pocket Holster when the pockets work.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts