Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a High Standard Compact Crusader 1911 with a loose front sight. I have already measured it to be .300 x 60 x .085. Now I just need to find someone who makes a .085" dovetail. So far the only sizes I have found are .065 and .075. Can someone help me out here.

·
Super Moderator
17,714 Posts
Don’t know about finding new sights but one way to tighten it would be to remove the sight then take a center punch and lightly stipple the area under the sight until you get a tight fit, just proceed slowly and test fit until it is tight enough.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Don’t know about finding new sights but one way to tighten it would be to remove the sight then take a center punch and lightly stipple the area under the sight until you get a tight fit, just proceed slowly and test fit until it is tight enough.
That is what I was going to suggest also, had to do the same thing with the rear sight on my Colt Gov 380.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
You might call the manufacturer, they'd probably send you a free replacement sight.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might call the manufacturer, they'd probably send you a free replacement sight.
I tried calling a couple of times, I guess they are closed for the holidays. I also sent an email. Right now it's holding pretty solid with some red loctite. Won't know for sure until I take it back to the range.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
By the way when I stippled my Colt I stippled the sight not the gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts